Serious Feeder Accident

Best wishes to the Drivers involved.

Now, are those packages only worth what they are insured for? So, if a loss is caused by something other than poor packing are we still on the hook, or can I file a claim for the full amount? After seeing this and the train issues over the winter, I may auto insure all my pkgs for the full amount.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Best wishes to the Drivers involved.

Now, are those packages only worth what they are insured for? So, if a loss is caused by something other than poor packing are we still on the hook, or can I file a claim for the full amount? After seeing this and the train issues over the winter, I may auto insure all my pkgs for the full amount.

In my opinion, I'd want back the value of the merchandise and the amount I paid for shipping. I don't think they pay for mental anguish.:wink2:

In my opinion, I'd want back the value of the merchandise and the amount I paid for shipping. I don't think they pay for mental anguish.:wink2:

Ya, if they paid for anguish....I would be retired by now.:devil3:

Thanks for answerin'. Always makes me nervous. Some of the stuff I ship cost is irrelevant. They NEED it, like kick a dog at a PETA convention need it. So far UPS hasn't done me wrong. Can't believe how it all works......like magic..or a hotdog factory

Ya, if they paid for anguish....I would be retired by now.:devil3:

Thanks for answerin'. Always makes me nervous. Some of the stuff I ship cost is irrelevant. They NEED it, like kick a dog at a PETA convention need it. So far UPS hasn't done me wrong. Can't believe how it all works......like magic..or a hotdog factory
UPS won't pay more than the package is insured for. Maybe in an extreme case, but usually not.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
UPS won't pay more than the package is insured for. Maybe in an extreme case, but usually not.

Lady at PakMail said UPS will do everything not to pay a claim. My on-road said they would only pay the "true" value of the merchandise, not what it was necessarily insured for.