Service Quality, where are we heading?

Upass.

This topic is more for old school delivery drivers , how do you see today service compare to few years ago ? I been with the company for 4 years and I can already see that it’s getting worst , newer generation that don’t give a :censored2: about anything and younger supervisors that tell you to :censored2: a misload as missed when it’s half mile away , Just 2 years ago that would never happen with the old management we had .

542thruNthru

The service is light years ahead of what it was before. We deliver air on time instead of just writing down that we did. We don't steal COD money to gamble with or rob the customer by taking their money to buy lunch while actually waiving the fee.

The drivers of the past were a bunch of lazy SOB that nearly drove this company into ground with their lies and document falsifying.

Thebrownblob

The service is light years ahead of what it was before. We deliver air on time instead of just writing down that we did. We don't steal COD money to gamble with or rob the customer by taking their money to buy lunch while actually waiving the fee.

The drivers of the past were a bunch of lazy SOB that nearly drove this company into ground with their lies and document falsifying.
@UnionStrong @Johney ?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

IMG_2791.gif

UnionStrong

I mean, in all honesty stealing is such a strong word, I’m sure he had every intention of replacing that money. Lets call it borrowed, It’s just a Vinny had to be paid first or else he’s gonna break your legs I get it
I did see a driver get fired for using COD money to gamble. I was a new driver and he had 16 years. Strangely enough, the supe at the PCM went out of his way to stress that the driver never stole any money. Apparently he used it over the weekend’s. Still, that always stuck with me.

Thebrownblob

I did see a driver get fired for using COD money to gamble. I was a new driver and he had 16 years. Strangely enough, the supe at the PCM went out of his way to stress that the driver never stole any money. Apparently he used over the weekend’s. Still, that always stuck with me.
Oh yes, I’ve seen it. Dummies!

Re-Raise

7D8EE219-CE14-4EFD-890B-F3060BB8D7E7.gif

UnionStrong

Oh yes, I’ve seen it. Dummies!
One got fired for leaving CODs with his homies without collecting money because they didn’t have it at the time. He always got the money but the shippers started to complain about the wait to get paid. LP investigated, he got fired. 18 year driver.

rod

Retired 22 years

There was no such thing as a fat UPS driver back then---unlike todays homeless looking riff raff. We must have worked harder than todays sorry employees.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
the Amazonification of the delivery industry. I tried to always preach that we need to take pride in being union labor; doing the right thing isn’t about being a company man. Nobody gave a :censored2:.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
One got fired for leaving CODs with his homies without collecting money because they didn’t have it at the time. He always got the money but the shippers started to complain about the wait to get paid. LP investigated, he got fired. 18 year driver.
We had a female African American that was being groomed for a managerial position when it came to light she was holding COD money for a few days, then turning it in. They tried to sweep it under the rug at first but so many shippers were complaining that they had to terminate her. I was frankly overjoyed as we had the same part time start date but they chose her over me when the full time bid sheet was taken down. She tried to claim discrimination, and lost at Panel.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
At least locally it's gotten worse if any reason being each day is a new shezstorm of dispatch issues, orion issues, diad issues, customer service center issues. It's harder than ever to have a consistant area and to know your customers. I still try to run routes in a big circle because it cuts down on send-agains. The biggest threat of damage comes from that first NI1 nowadays as it undoubtedly gets add-cut to a different belt, different car each day.

Brownwind

This topic is more for old school delivery drivers , how do you see today service compare to few years ago ? I been with the company for 4 years and I can already see that it’s getting worst , newer generation that don’t give a :censored2: about anything and younger supervisors that tell you to :censored2: a misload as missed when it’s half mile away , Just 2 years ago that would never happen with the old management we had .
Just look at the picture of how we dressed. Polished shoes and clean cut. You could set the clock by when the ups guy drove through.
We set the standard for service.

Now it’s a joke looking at the posts the news pages are reposting. A bunch of bums crying about how hard they work. We’ve all scene the articles and wonder how they got there jobs and if they still work with us after posting such nonsense.

UnionStrong

We had a female African American that was being groomed for a managerial position when it came to light she was holding COD money for a few days, then turning it in. They tried to sweep it under the rug at first but so many shippers were complaining that they had to terminate her. I was frankly overjoyed as we had the same part time start date but they chose her over me when the full time bid sheet was taken down. She tried to claim discrimination, and lost at Panel.
It was very different carrying large amounts of cash back then. I knew guys with routes in Newport, R.I. It wasn’t uncommon for them to have 10k in cash from CODs during summer tourist season.

JL 0513

What was the thought process of drivers collecting cash on road when checks existed? They actually did this for years while cash disappeared?