Service Quality, where are we heading?

Shorts365

I had a safety ride a couple years ago. I was explaining to my supervisor that at this one certain apartment building, getting it inside the secure lobby was usually the best we could do. He said "don't worry, that's fine to do at all your apartment buildings." I still go door-to-door unless the building has a different protocol but my mind was blown for the rest of that day.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Service only exists in measurable forms in 2023. The driver who goes around chatting all day, talking to peoples dogs, using DR bags, hugging every 80 year old and running 12/hr isn’t providing service. His cover driver who runs 24/hr is the service winner. He shuts his mouth, runs trace and doesn’t give a damn that grandma needs help getting the trash bins up the driveway. Grandma should be in a home anyways, The other driver is more productive, is able to service the customer earlier/faster and has time to sweep 2 UPS stores on his way in to get those packages “serviced” earlier. Service is not having a pot roast dinner with every family on your route. It is shutting your mouth, working as instructed, not telling you sup, manager or customer what the company should or shouldn’t be doing. If the company wants your input, they will ask. A preloader might load 4 trucks, 1200 pieces and all the trucks look like a bomb went off. His coworker might loads 3 county routes 600 pieces and have it set up stop for stop. The service winner is the guy he chucked 1200 pieces in 4 cars. He was more efficient and was more productive and provided a better service for the company. Service In 2023 is measured in ways that best serves the compnay and the shareholder. Get over it. Work as instructed. Get some real friends or a dog and stop talking to your customers. You aren’t getting a tip anymore anyways now that they all know you make 190k a year.
1692483690770.gif

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I had a safety ride a couple years ago. I was explaining to my supervisor that at this one certain apartment building, getting it inside the secure lobby was usually the best we could do. He said "don't worry, that's fine to do at all your apartment buildings." I still go door-to-door unless the building has a different protocol but my mind was blown for the rest of that day.
Guarantee you the first time you have a Driver Follow Up he will forget all about telling you to do that

anonymous23456

Service only exists in measurable forms in 2023. The driver who goes around chatting all day, talking to peoples dogs, using DR bags, hugging every 80 year old and running 12/hr isn’t providing service. His cover driver who runs 24/hr is the service winner. He shuts his mouth, runs trace and doesn’t give a damn that grandma needs help getting the trash bins up the driveway. Grandma should be in a home anyways, The other driver is more productive, is able to service the customer earlier/faster and has time to sweep 2 UPS stores on his way in to get those packages “serviced” earlier. Service is not having a pot roast dinner with every family on your route. It is shutting your mouth, working as instructed, not telling you sup, manager or customer what the company should or shouldn’t be doing. If the company wants your input, they will ask. A preloader might load 4 trucks, 1200 pieces and all the trucks look like a bomb went off. His coworker might loads 3 county routes 600 pieces and have it set up stop for stop. The service winner is the guy he chucked 1200 pieces in 4 cars. He was more efficient and was more productive and provided a better service for the company. Service In 2023 is measured in ways that best serves the compnay and the shareholder. Get over it. Work as instructed. Get some real friends or a dog and stop talking to your customers. You aren’t getting a tip anymore anyways now that they all know you make 190k a year.
We can hire the retirees for $4 dollars/hour doing air weight packages with no deadline. They can chitchat to customers for 4 hours and the other 4 hours actually doing deliveries. We can also restrict their jobs to Florida state only. How many customers can we get at "The Village" in FL?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The service is light years ahead of what it was before. We deliver air on time instead of just writing down that we did. We don't steal COD money to gamble with or rob the customer by taking their money to buy lunch while actually waiving the fee.

The drivers of the past were a bunch of lazy SOB that nearly drove this company into ground with their lies and document falsifying.
Somehow we managed without A/C. Today's service providers are soft.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

We haven’t had air saver commits for years now. We also don’t wait around for late trailers or have it shuttled out to us like we used too. We haven’t run misloads for months now, I actually had an office visit for running one I was told to sheet missed, it was perishable. Late air or missed was at least an automatic warning letter, it’s not even addressed anymore. I’d say the worse quality/service decline is driver appearance. I used to hate how much on our butts they were about appearances now I miss it. Weird hair styles, beards down to their guts, face and neck tattoos, wrinkly uniforms, sneakers and obnoxious piercings are rampant. Nobody is washing the cars either.

anonymous23456

We haven’t had air saver commits for years now. We also don’t wait around for late trailers or have it shuttled out to us like we used too. We haven’t run misloads for months now, I actually had an office visit for running one I was told to sheet missed, it was perishable. Late air or missed was at least an automatic warning letter, it’s not even addressed anymore. I’d say the worse quality/service decline is driver appearance. I used to hate how much on our butts they were about appearances now I miss it. Weird hair styles, beards down to their guts, face and neck tattoos, wrinkly uniforms, sneakers and obnoxious piercings are rampant. Nobody is washing the cars either.
At least you aren't at this place. It is "Some magic the gatherings place". These are people who live in a fantasy world.

buttcrackjpg.jpg

bumped

What is the definition of service at UPS.

A shipper ships to a business is a 5:00 commit. Consignee wants delivery by 10am, but is delivered at 3pm. Is that good service. In UPS' eyes that is good service.
or
A school that gets their delivery attempt at 4:30pm, and is closed. Is that good service. It meets the shipping commit criteria.

Is service to who the real UPS customer is, the shipper or is service for the consignee who is the shippers customer.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
_r9QZi.gif

johnnybgood

Wow… . You described the young guys well. I hope you do well in your supervision classes and get promoted beyond part time.

Remember that the customer is king. Damaged packages, vehicles and injuries also affect the bottom line. Anyone can throw a box at the wrong door and drive away. Us older guys do this job correctly and are the best at it
He's a :censored2: preloader that doesn't give a :censored2: about his job and is going to vote no on the contract.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It was very different carrying large amounts of cash back then. I knew guys with routes in Newport, R.I. It wasn’t uncommon for them to have 10k in cash from CODs during summer tourist season.
We always ran to the bank to get a money order.