SFA

purplelife

So what are we seeing for SFA scores this year? Anyone hear how they said they changed for the company year over year? Some of us never hear about scores.

El Morado Diablo

So what are we seeing for SFA scores this year? Anyone hear how they said they changed for the company year over year? Some of us never hear about scores.

The scores in nearly every location in my district are down. Our station was higher, but that's only because our manager has been in place since January. The previous manager stepped down and transferred to a CSA position in another station.

whenIgetthere

I haven’t seen an SFA score in years, for my station or the company.
Retired last year, but remember my manager got a 50 on the SFA last year, which is 49 higher than he deserved. One other manager in the station was in the 40's, the others in the 60's, including the SM, who is no longer at the station last I heard.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Bad at our station.
The reprisals have already begun.
No more half hour breaks which have been the standard for the past 2 and a half years.

MassWineGuy

Do you mean required breaks so the station can falsify better gap times? A former SM required 30 minute breaks on road, which I refused to take.

I didn’t see the DFA scores posted. Managers told me. The highest was 89.

McFeely

Huge Member
Do you mean required breaks so the station can falsify better gap times?

I'm trying to understand how management would require a break that helps them falsify something?

If management is adding in an unpaid break during a long stretch of your driving, that would be falsification. In the end you have to take at least 30 min at some point during your day unless you fall under the hours where one is required. I'd assume that's 6 hours for you MWG. It's 5 hours here in Colorado.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Do you mean required breaks so the station can falsify better gap times? A former SM required 30 minute breaks on road, which I refused to take.

Anyone who works more than 8 hours must take a one hour break on road .
Not in your first or last hour. Certainly not when driving to or from areas.

MAKAVELI

It's not a coincidence that this 1 hour break rule is an issue after the cameras have been in the trucks for a while. Drivers have slowed down, no more short cuts and upper management is pissed about lower productivity. Lol

falcon back

You showed him. You might need all the friends you can get when you get caught falsifying again. They might not be as lenient as they were last time.

MassWineGuy

With enough cash anything is possible. And I do have a lot of friends there.

For the record, I wasn’t caught doing anything. I admitted to my manager that I’d lied. A confession, I guess. The camera didn’t register a thing, so it probably would have held up.

Last edited:

MassWineGuy

I'm trying to understand how management would require a break that helps them falsify something?

If management is adding in an unpaid break during a long stretch of your driving, that would be falsification. In the end you have to take at least 30 min at some point during your day unless you fall under the hours where one is required. I'd assume that's 6 hours for you MWG. It's 5 hours here in Colorado.

I told managers this was falsifying. But they disagreed.

McFeely

Huge Member
I told managers this was falsifying. But they disagreed.
What about making employees take breaks is falsifying? Specific to your case, did they make you go on break while you were driving or doing other work? Or just that they asked you to take a break and you didn't want to? Or you didn't take a break and they put one on your timecard after the fact?

I'm the first one in my station to throw management under the bus, so don't think I'm taking their side. I just make it very clear that I don't take anything more than the gov't mandated break period (30 min here), and I won't do a single work-related task while on break.