SFA

MassWineGuy

The former SM came up with those lovely breaks. I definitely don’t have what anyone could call an extremely heavy route. I travel up and down a major highway much of the day making deliveries and getting pups largely from places along that road. But many stops are a few miles off in various neighborhoods. For the most part, my gaps are extremely small. But I’ll often receive on-calls that can be 10 minutes away. Doesn’t worry me.

Is there a DOT site that covers break requirements?

MAKAVELI

The former SM came up with those lovely breaks. I definitely don’t have what anyone could call an extremely heavy route. I travel up and down a major highway much of the day making deliveries and getting pups largely from places along that road. But many stops are a few miles off in various neighborhoods. For the most part, my gaps are extremely small. But I’ll often receive on-calls that can be 10 minutes away. Doesn’t worry me.

Is there a DOT site that covers break requirements?
DOT break rules don't apply to us. DOT HOS does. FedEx has to comply with your state's break laws.

floridays

What about making employees take breaks is falsifying? Specific to your case, did they make you go on break while you were driving or doing other work? Or just that they asked you to take a break and you didn't want to? Or you didn't take a break and they put one on your timecard after the fact?

I'm the first one in my station to throw management under the bus, so don't think I'm taking their side. I just make it very clear that I don't take anything more than the gov't mandated break period (30 min here), and I won't do a single work-related task while on break.
Best burrito in your town?

floridays

Maybe if you wrote in plain English instead of riddles your posts would be easier for the common people to understand. And YOU of all people shouldn’t be questioning anyone else’s intelligence. Have you seen some of the truly stupid things you’ve posted that you’ve done?

Also Genius, the rest of us easily figured out that if we touched “reply” at the bottom of someone’s post when replying to them that everyone knows for sure who you’re taking to. Kind of simple really, but obviously too difficult for you to figure out after all this time.
I like a mean chick, keeps a dick in line :thumbup1: .
How are ya?

floridays

IIRC, only 30 min is required by DOT for anything over 8 hours.

At my current station, I’ve only taken 30 minute breaks. I generally work 7 hours daily all the way over 12 hours with no “break violations”.

The extra 20 min your manager is asking (making?) you to take is to make SPH and gap times look better if you’re doing it when you have a lull in a pup route. None of us know the details of your shift, route, gap times, wait times at pups, etc. to say for sure what is happening in Mass.
You get two paid breaks per Colorado statute in 8 hrs. How do you utilize them?

!Retired!

I meant that the 20 minute break was taken. I’ve always been told the 30 and 60 minute breaks are required by DOT regs. No?
20 minute breaks are allowed, but you still must meet DOT requirements. So, you would need to take at least 2 of them.
DOT break rules don't apply to us. DOT HOS does. FedEx has to comply with your state's break laws.
If you are a DOT courier, you have to follow DOT regulations. That includes breaks.
Must be my state’s regulation.
DOL break laws
I doubt 60 min breaks are even required by any states. It’s a FedEx mind game thing, nothing more.
DOL break laws

Last edited: