Shippers you wish UPS dropped

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I had heard they were offering a 90/90 discount on LTL freight trying to finish off YRC.
90% discount for 90 days.:eek:
YRC kill themselves. Have they bought a tractor since 1992?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown Now

I had heard they were offering a 90/90 discount on LTL freight trying to finish off YRC.
90% discount for 90 days.:eek:
Didn't work for FedEx or Conway. Put both of them in the red actually while they were pulling that shot. I believe Conway's CEO stepped down/resigned because of it

Last I heard YRC's customers were all going back to them.They're busy. They're going to need it. They're in a hell of a lot of debt and the equipment needs to be updated.

I've seen new tractors and trailers going down the road, but not nearly enough.

They're not what they used to be, but they're still union. Godspeed.

10 point

Office Depot copy paper. I hate it.

Sent using BrownCafe App
And we were dropping 20-30 cases of reg and legal size per customer because OD offered free shipping on X amount of case orders.

Where I would del 90 stops on my metro route in 5 1/2 hrs I could barely get 58-65 off during that sale fiasco. It only lasted a few months.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We are not talking about bundled packages that have come apart-----we are talking about separate packages which the shipper is using the same barcode on.

I picked up 2 Saturday NDA medical sample packages from a drop box a few weeks ago. They were from Planned Parenthood. They both had the same 1Z. I set them aside and showed them to my on-car when I got back to the center. He asked me to make a photo copy of them so that he could submit a revenue adjustment to the shipper. We are talking at least $50 in shipping charges (if not more).
I had a well known print shop chain try to give me 2 return toner cartridges with the same ARS label printed twice. I showed it to the manager and asked her to print another one out when she got a chance. The toner box sat there like a week then they put a different ARS label on it so I finally grabbed it.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I like this idea-----can I lose my UPS Store, even just for Peak?
A UPS store could possibly make me not bid a route. I used to have to sweep a UPS store every monday for a neighboring route and geez they'd have like an entire 20 x 20 foot room stacked to the ceiling and sometimes their whole customer area would be piled up too.

You would think someone would require UPS Store franchisees to only lease locations with an available loading dock.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have never been particularly fond of delivering trampolines. Words cannot describe the joy of spending half a day or more crawling over and working around one that is laying in a beat-up heap in the middle of the floor.

Their only saving grace is that one can usually just back up to the garage door and pitch them overboard onto the driveway. DR-GAR and you are outta there. They are too damn heavy to steal and it wont hurt them to get wet.