Short term disability and vacation question

Shananh76

I am on short term disability I didn’t choose my dates for vacation because I was on short term disability 6/26 was the date my new vacation time is supposed to renew every year but on upsers it says zero my question is will I get my vacation time I went on disability in April ?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am on short term disability I didn’t choose my dates for vacation because I was on short term disability 6/26 was the date my new vacation time is supposed to renew every year but on upsers it says zero my question is will I get my vacation time I went on disability in April ?

If you don’t, jump up and down and raise hell

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Why are you on short term disability?
✊🧔‍♂️

Thebrownblob

Yes

upschuck

My boss told me hr says I have 6 weeks of vacation plus 20hrs of option days when I return but if I don’t return before December will they cash out the vacation?
Yes, you earned those hours last year.

Not exactly sure how it works with STD, but you may not get your full complement of vacations next year, because you didn't work the required hours, this year,

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No I have osteoporosis in both knees and it just got really bad to where I can’t stand or walk for long periods so I’m not able to do my job and may have to get a desk job if physical therapy doesn’t help

And you think ups is gonna accommodate you?
Good Luck

HubSnakeWrangler

I was on std then transitioned to ltd In beginning of July this year. I wanted to use my 6wks vacation/entitlements that should have refreshed in April but my ft sup, labor manager and BA said they just don't do it. BA said it will be honored when you return to work. If you had entitlements in your bank before you went out it would be used toward FMLA until both ran out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can’t right now I’m in physical therapy to try and strengthen but I may have to retrain if I can’t return
Retrain to what? Are you expecting to come in, sit in a chair and scan packages for 8 hours?

STD/LTD indicates that this was an off the job injury. If this were a comp injury you would most likely be looking at a buyout.