Should you or Shouldn't you, tip your preloader?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U, Oct 18, 2014.

1. This has been an on going topic,in "hows the view?" I figured it needed its own thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Tip your loader if they deserve it...if they make an effort to organize and show that they give a schnit. I know I can take one look at a truck...and what bulk is left outside a truck...and tell immediately that the loader is either completely clueless...or just doesn't give a schnit. We are not waiters...tips are appreciated, but shouldn't not be expected simply because it's Christmas.

3. A good preloader,can big a big difference in your day! A bad one,can ruin it.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes i dont.

Mine has 11 years under his belt. He has been loading for me about 2 years, the first year i didnt do anything , last year I gave him 50, that kinda makes up for the whole year. Usually in the past , the three trucks the loader has I ask the drivers to chip in 20 a piece at least , its xmas and on my route i will receive at least 200 which i can pass along to the one who can make or break you.

5. bleedinbrown58

Yup...you know you're a good loader when you come back from vacation to a Thank god you're back and the horror load stories from the week before...lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

I only had 1 preloader that was worth his weight in my 9 year package car career. I went into feeders and he was still there. I knew it was time to retire when I saw my old preloaders name on the Circle of Honor plaque posted at the guard shack. lol.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Had the opposite happen. She was out for a week and when she returned I thought "Oh crap, you're back."

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. bleedinbrown58

If you complain enough....they will probably move her.

9. Careful what you wish for. The next one,may be even worse!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. bleedinbrown58

Stevie Wonder with a shovel? lol

11. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Had him a couple of years ago. Lousy loader but a good singer.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Travwise

Travwise Active Member

Really we need a separate thread to discuss whether someone doing there job gets a tip? :censored2: off. No one tips me when I bring the truck back empty. How about this? You load my truck right I won't punch you in the lip. Bam. There is your :censored2:ing tip.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. bleedinbrown58

You should be my driver....you're entitled not to tip...but give me an attitude like that? You'll see how :censored2: backwards I can :censored2: up your load and still keep my job. Over 100's? Label face down on the floor. Air in the load??? Oops...thought it was a 7 not a 1, my bad!

• Like x 6
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. Brownified

Brownified New Member

I'm starting to feel the same way. lol

15. Travwise

Travwise Active Member

I'd love to be your driver...

16. blkmamba

blkmamba Active Member

Dude, calm down. Really punch your preloaded, good way to lose your high paying job. I had idiots like you for drivers and I would go out of my way to make sure you had a organized car.

17. rod

rod retired and happy

I'm wondering if this "tipping" thing (between UPS employees) is something associated with the east coast more than anywhere else? I don't ever recall any tipping going at my center between employees. As far as that goes drivers very seldom got a tip from customers. I bet I didn't get 50 bucks in tips over 30 years. I probably could have receive more but I always tried to refuse them. Most of the time they were offered by little old ladies who couldn't afford it anyway. Maybe at Christmas we would get 5 bucks or a pair of gloves but never fifty or a hundred bucks like some of you say you get. I totally understand giving a waiter/waitress or bar tender a nice tip but it seems like tipping is almost a "expected thing" for any service out east no matter how well the persons is paid by his employer. I'm not saying its wrong-- just that it don't happen that way in the Midwest. How about the west coast? Are they tip crazy too?

18. Travwise

Travwise Active Member

Right, you could do all those things. Some people do. I could be a :censored2:ty driver too, but I have to look in the mirror everyday. So I choose to do a good job, I don't expect a tip though for simply doing what I am supposed to do...

19. Travwise

Travwise Active Member

Haha no snake face I would never really punch a pre-loader. Sarcasm. Look it up please and get back to me.

20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.