SM goes ape over comment about DRA.

DontThrowPackages

So one employee is talking to another and just as the SM walked by, one employees say, " With Dra, we don't have to think anymore....". SM, without yelling, chewed out both of them, even though the one employee had only asked a question about should he change a few stops around. SM says," Too Many of you guys are trying to mock the intended purpose of DRa." I'm thinking to myself, what purpose? We've been doing our route wrong for all these years and DRa was created to force the drivers to run their routes correctly. If we're driving in a circle, maybe its because the program is avoid left-hand turns.Anyway, for whatever reason it runs drivers back and forth, It's a Godsend. Longer hours and rarely an early-cut day. So from what I got out the scolding was to just do some stops in dra order but, for the most part, do it your way.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So one employee is talking to another and just as the SM walked by, one employees say, " With Dra, we don't have to think anymore....". SM, without yelling, chewed out both of them, even though the one employee had only asked a question about should he change a few stops around. SM says," Too Many of you guys are trying to mock the intended purpose of DRa." I'm thinking to myself, what purpose? We've been doing our route wrong for all these years and DRa was created to force the drivers to run their routes correctly. If we're driving in a circle, maybe its because the program is avoid left-hand turns.Anyway, for whatever reason it runs drivers back and forth, It's a Godsend. Longer hours and rarely an early-cut day. So from what I got out the scolding was to just do some stops in dra order but, for the most part, do it your way.

LOL. Eff him and his DRA Kool-Aid. Just keep doing it the DRA way...lots of OT.

DontThrowPackages

The SM walks the belt a lot. Employees, after time goes by, get pretty comfortable in their language and It's happened before when SM has overheard something and the next day, during morning briefing, we heard about "minding your language" and such. Oh yeah, it happened. Maybe at brown the SM sits in his office and counts his money but here the SM is out and about.

hypo hanna

There is a lot of pressure at many levels to make this unworkable program work. Sounds like they hit a nerve.
And yes, it is concievable that two drivers could be talking in the back of a truck and not notice who is walking by on the belt.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There is a lot of pressure at many levels to make this unworkable program work. Sounds like they hit a nerve.
And yes, it is concievable that two drivers could be talking in the back of a truck and not notice who is walking by on the belt.

You are one smart person. Lower level management is in a Catch-22 because, on one hand, they know DRA is pure :censored2:, and on the other, MEM is telling them to "make it work--or else". Not an enviable place to be. FU, Fred.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You are one smart person. Lower level management is in a Catch-22 because, on one hand, they know DRA is pure :censored2:, and on the other, MEM is telling them to "make it work--or else". Not an enviable place to be. FU, Fred.
Fred thinks that everyone he employs should be able to change a buffalo chip into a diamond. FU too Fred.

Sent using BrownCafe App

nshape

My sm and ops found out I understood breakdown of gap report and im educating fellow couriers and they are trying to stop other couriers from listening to me.Is this happening to other couriers?

MAKAVELI

My sm and ops found out I understood breakdown of gap report and im educating fellow couriers and they are trying to stop other couriers from listening to me.Is this happening to other couriers?
Timing your stops to hit the gap allowance?

whenIgetthere

We had one senior courier who when they first started hitting us with the gap reports, his was at six minutes, so he timed every stop for six minutes everyday for a week. The reports disappeared after that. He was a thirty year plus courier who looked out for everyone in the station. Was classic when happy hands visited and he was asking all the tough questions.

nshape

Im teaching every couier at my station who wants to listen to make the gap report work for them.I have taken the gunho couriers and made them average.Mgtmt is very upset about this, which makes me extremely gratified.

nshape

For those who are wondering why I started educating couriers is because mtgmt had repeatedly put me on notice about my numbers.l then intentionally straightlined my rte for 2 days and had numerous lates then upper management requested ops to check ride me and ops change my numbers dramatically. I WAS A SILENT EMPLOYEE FOR OVER 2 DECADES!! BUT NO MORE! !

nshape

Recently I had a 4 hr meeting with a Teamsters Leader who had heard about my voice from ups couriers.He had offered me an opportunity to work for Teamsters to recruit members.l am going to be very vocal about mistreatment of Fedex employees.