snow chat

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by DS, Dec 19, 2008.

1. DS

DS Fenderbender

the white stuff
    11pm Friday Dec 19th
  2. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Sorry, I got home at 9:30 last night. It took me 90 minutes to drive 25 miles in a foot of snow. If I went over 30 mph, the truck would fishtail. I called my sister down in Georgia and fell asleep on her during the call. How rude of me.
  3. No such person

No such person Southern Ct.

Went out with 210 stops, brought 93 back.
  4. Ms.PacMan

Ms.PacMan Well-Known Member

Dashing through the snow
    While the drivers sort their load
    O'er the mounds we go
    Laughing all the way...ha!ha!ha!
  5. tunemixer

tunemixer New Member

For most of us this isn't our first winter . Its all part of it. We don't have to like it but I have have found that complaining about it just makes it worse. We do what we can do nd thats about the most anybody can ask. What I don't like is some drivers using the snow as an excuse to not do the job. I clean my truck most of the time. Some are lazy. They will bring back stos so they can get help the next day.. I'm willing to help those that help themselves but not those that just won't go the extra it takes ths time of year or during a storm. This is my 26th Christmas. I have done city routes and country routes.
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Brrrrrr it was to cold last nite! I couldn't find my coat and snow boots.:happy-very:
  7. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

If your state would use salt,you wouldah got more done.... Iwas on 91 going to harct and Bradley those roads are brutal!!!!
  8. browndude

browndude New Member

uhhhh it was 73 degrees here yesterday. i got a little chilly after dark with my shorts on.
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

You are soooooooooooo not funny!:wink2:
  10. browndevil

browndevil Active Member

Ya sunny and clear in Northern California. I did wear a long sleeve shirt jac on Friday. Looks nice with the shorts. I gotta let my customers see my legs all year round:happy2:
  11. mlhradio

mlhradio New Member

What is this *snow* that you speak of? Yesterday it hit eighty degrees, hot sunny and humid, and I was sweating buckets.

(The last time there was measurable snow down here was 1987, I think. Once in a generation event.)
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

It's 10:06am here and it hasn't gotten above 30 yet. Needless to say I am not going outside anytime soon. LOL
  13. Big Babooba

91 in Massachusetts was no better. It looked like the plows didn't even touch it. I was doing 30 - 35 MPH and all the whack jobs in their 4WDs were passing me like I was standing still. I was expecting to see one or two in the ditch further down the road, but I had no such luck.
  14. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Snowing here. Expecting 6-10 inches. Tomorrow, the wind is supposed to start blowing and the temps are going to drop.

High Monday should be -5.

15. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

The roads here are in rough shape. We had 12" of snow yesterday and last night and 15" on the ground. It is still snowing as I type this. This all happening after a moderate to major ice storm a week + ago...

Tomorrow looks to be another storm, probably more serious with possible power outages. We ( Boston area NW) could have 20-24" on the ground before all is said and done and no power.

For those basking in the sun and warmth, well, enjoy it because you'll be burning in an inferno of 110F+ degree molten lava scorch in a few months. ;()
  16. Big Babooba

Were you coming from West Springfield? If so, what time were you there? Maybe we crossed paths and didn't realize it. I was driving a snow covered brown truck. Did you see me?:clown:
  17. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

We had about a dozen drivers ( feeder ) run out of hrs because of road closures and it took managers 7 hrs to pick us up.

i could of hitchiked back in less than 2 hrs.
    probably fire ,me for abandoning equipment????
  18. DS

DS Fenderbender

anyone awake 1140 am
  19. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Is it still snowing?
  20. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

Are you Stevo in disguise