So called "right to work"

UniteandWin

Really! There are actually union members on the forum that support this law? I guess those same members are against prevailing wage? Good Lord guys, how could you in good conscience support this Anti- organized labor law created to weaken you own livelihood. That is unexplainable

Sent using BrownCafe App

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Really! There are actually union members on the forum that support this law? I guess those same members are against prevailing wage? Good Lord guys, how could you in good conscience support this Anti- organized labor law created to weaken you own livelihood. That is unexplainable

Sent using BrownCafe App
Go ahead and explain what's so bad about it

In detail

I'll wait

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I don't know anybody that supports that.

If they choose not to join the union, friend-em.

No union scale, no union benefits, no union protection.

davburke

Go ahead and explain what's so bad about it

In detail

I'll wait
I believe that non members should not be getting the same healthcare, pensions, pay raises, vacations, seniority system etc. as me who is a dues paying member. Its aimed at draining the unions finances. Imagine shopping at Costco and getting member prices and refusing to be a member. Imagine working out at Planet Fitness and refusing to be a member. Imagine shopping at Amazon and getting Prime entitlements and refusing to be a Prime member. If you insist on working at ups and not paying union membership then you need to be a supervisor

Overpaid Union Thug

I believe that non members should not be getting the same healthcare, pensions, pay raises, vacations, seniority system etc. as me who is a dues paying member. Its aimed at draining the unions finances. Imagine shopping at Costco and getting member prices and refusing to be a member. Imagine working out at Planet Fitness and refusing to be a member. Imagine shopping at Amazon and getting Prime entitlements and refusing to be a Prime member. If you insist on working at ups and not paying union membership then you need to be a supervisor
I support right to works laws but I wish the stipulations required to opt out of joining were exactly what you laid out in your first sentence. I'm willing to bet that we'd see very few non members like we do now if that were the case. If any.

davburke

I support right to works laws but I wish the stipulations required to opt out of joining were exactly what you laid out in your first sentence. I'm willing to bet that we'd see very few non members like we do now if that were the case. If any.
And what if my first sentence is the sole main purpose of Right to Work. To allow scabs to steal without paying. But yet it is presented as a way to help businesses competitively?

Overpaid Union Thug

What part of it do you support?
And what if my first sentence is the sole main purpose of Right to Work. To allow scabs to steal without paying. But yet it is presented as a way to help businesses competitively?
Everyone in right to work states has the right to work without being forced or coerced to join. And EVERYONE should. I agree with that part. But they should not retain union benefits if they choose not to join.That would eliminate the need for unions to waste time and money on them. The free loading wouldnt be happening. And, as I already stated, the inability to freeload would bring more people in.

BrownArmy

Everyone in right to work states has the right to work without being forced or coerced to join. And EVERYONE should. I agree with that part. But they should not retain union benefits if they choose not to join.That would eliminate the need for unions to waste time and money on them. The free loading wouldnt be happening. And, as I already stated, the inability to freeload would bring more people in.

That sounds rational, but that's not what RTW laws are for.

They're designed to weaken Unions, end of story.

davburke

It's sole main purpose is to secretly drain union finances but it is presented as a freedom for workers to decide and for competitive reasons as a cover up

davburke

Right now Trump claims to be very supportive of unions to make himself appear to support labor but yet he also supports RTW as a secret way to destroy unions

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
If you want to work for UPS and wish to remain non-union, then you need to become a supervisor. Plain and simple.

Nobody has any right accepting a union position and refuse to pay union dues

It's sole main purpose is to secretly drain union finances but it is presented as a freedom for workers to decide and for competitive reasons as a cover up
Right now Trump claims to be very supportive of unions to make himself appear to support labor but yet he also supports RTW as a secret way to destroy unions
Nobody should be FORCED to join a union to get a job.

That being said, you would have to be some kind of idiot to choose not to join.

I would also strip every union negotiated benefit, pay, retirement, represenation and healthcare from them for choosing not to join the union.

But this is America, and you should have the right to join or not join.

Overpaid Union Thug

Nobody has any right accepting a union position and refuse to pay union dues

Yes they do. The law says so.

Or maybe it's a way to force unions to show their true worth through the fear of losing members. Or maybe it's is actually meant to ensure everyone can work without having to join a union as a prerequisite. Or maybe it's both.

Circular reasoning at best.