So called "right to work"

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
How many part timers in rtw states bail out of paying dues? Just wondering.
There's very little cohesion with part timers here because they're getting no vacations and healthcare for a year plus their initial hourly pay is nothing to write home about.
One of my center manager's buildings is in a RTW. Told me they have 0/8 Local Sorters who are Union and 3/14 on Preload. The preloaders are all career PTers.

10 point

One of my center manager's buildings is in a RTW. Told me they have 0/8 Local Sorters who are Union and 3/14 on Preload. The preloaders are all career PTers.
Career. That is the difference.
Most pt timers aren't staying that long in percentages to be career part timers.
We had a 47-50% turnover rate last year...again.

So let me clarify your statement...
0 out of 8 LS and 3 out of 14 PL are union members?

UniteandWin

It was a pretty smart law when you think about it. It even has union members fooled. They name it "Right to Work". Slide it right passed ya, while you are worried a out other things. If you can't see what RTW is and was you will never get it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UniteandWin

In other words get the damn hook out of your mouth. This law was created to weaken unions. Prevailing wage cuts is right behind it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The way we keep losing jobs to China and Mexico, what jobs are there to work at?

Has any RTW state unions adapted their way of doing things in order to compete?

Overpaid Union Thug

Most of our preload are union. Last I checked half of the local sort. And just a small handful of freeloader drivers. I hear the hub is about the same comparatively. Our local is also considered one of the best in the region. So they claim.

useyourloadstand

I work in nevada...a lot of new hires who know about RTW in Nevada don't want yo pay union dues when they are technically already in the union. Why would new hires want to pay for something they can get for free? If you get in trouble such as a DUI and you don't pay union dues they won't help you.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
UPS would go to complete crap and be overcome by FedEx within five years if there was no longer a union.
If this was true they wouldn't push us this hard... These guys are control freaks and have huge egos... They would be totally confident that they could run this company as efficient as is happening now with guys making 12 bucks an hour...you and I both know this could never happen but ups is arrogant enough to believe it... It's no secret, they know the relationship we have with the customers..they don't like it but appreciate it behind closed doors because it means profit... They would loose all that and more.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Most of our preload are union. Last I checked half of the local sort. And just a small handful of freeloader drivers. I hear the hub is about the same comparatively. Our local is also considered one of the best in the region. So they claim.
How do you know about the drivers... Do they tell everybody or is it common knowledge??? I think I would be embarrassed to be freeloading...hopefully nobody is bragging about it

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
How do you know about the drivers... Do they tell everybody or is it common knowledge??? I think I would be embarrassed to be freeloading...hopefully nobody is bragging about it
Wisconsin has just recently joined the RTW club and my local will not be affected until after the next contracts are ratified. They do plan on listing those employees who choose not to pay dues for all to see.

Overpaid Union Thug

If this was true they wouldn't push us this hard... These guys are control freaks and have huge egos... They would be totally confident that they could run this company as efficient as is happening now with guys making 12 bucks an hour....
That is perciscly why I said what I said it.

Our steward knows who all's in and isn't. Plus, in these small centers everyone seems to know everyone else's business.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Wisconsin has just recently joined the RTW club and my local will not be affected until after the next contracts are ratified. They do plan on listing those employees who choose not to pay dues for all to see.

Can they legally do that?

Pertinent.... Union business.

The company has agreed to that.

ARTICLE 19. POSTING

The Employer agrees to supply and provide suitable space for the Union bulletin board in each center, hub, or place of work. Postings by the Union on such board are to be confined to official business of the Union and on the Union’s official letterhead or TITANS. In each package center there shall be a covered bulletin board. Union Stewards shall have a key for the Union bulletin boards. The Employer shall not remove, tamper with or alter any notice posted by the Union unless such notice is harmful to the Employer. Any such notice removed by the Employer shall be re-posted if the Union’s position is sustained through the grievance procedure.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Pertinent.... Union business.

The company has agreed to that.

ARTICLE 19. POSTING

The Employer agrees to supply and provide suitable space for the Union bulletin board in each center, hub, or place of work. Postings by the Union on such board are to be confined to official business of the Union and on the Union’s official letterhead or TITANS. In each package center there shall be a covered bulletin board. Union Stewards shall have a key for the Union bulletin boards. The Employer shall not remove, tamper with or alter any notice posted by the Union unless such notice is harmful to the Employer. Any such notice removed by the Employer shall be re-posted if the Union’s position is sustained through the grievance procedure.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-

We have a Union bulletin board in our center. My question was whether it would be legal for the Union to post a list of free loaders for all to see.