So do we have to pay or not pay?

whome

So do we have to start paying for healthcare? I'm like three months from my 1 yr hire date. What is the bad/good word?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
So do we have to start paying for healthcare? I'm like three months from my 1 yr hire date. What is the bad/good word?

No health insurance premiums for any bargaining unit members. Your dependents will qualify for coverage after 12 months (instead of 18 months) if the contract is ratified. The insurance will likely be a "step down" from the current benefits enjoyed by PT'ers in company plans but is still solid.

However, if you ever get a chance to go full time, you'll take four years to reach top pay instead of the current three. No language protecting existing 22.3 combo jobs was added -- only a schedule for the 2,350 combo jobs to be created in the upcoming contract. 9.5 language was improved upon and might actually force UPS to create more package car routes (and FT opportunities).

The Milkman

No health insurance premiums for any bargaining unit members. Your dependents will qualify for coverage after 12 months (instead of 18 months) if the contract is ratified. The insurance will likely be a "step down" from the current benefits enjoyed by PT'ers in company plans but is still solid.

However, if you ever get a chance to go full time, you'll take four years to reach top pay instead of the current three. No language protecting existing 22.3 combo jobs was added -- only a schedule for the 2,350 combo jobs to be created in the upcoming contract. 9.5 language was improved upon and might actually force UPS to create more package car routes (and FT opportunities).

Vote YES and if you make a career at UPS you will be paying more down the road if and when you retire ..You can count on that..If all the P/Ters would band together and vote NO then there may be some hope left:surprised: