Someone Charged w/ an accident. UPS vehicle leaking oil

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Stop with your crap Upstate, you know nothing of the incident, why he was in the driveway or any thing else about the situation. Maybe he was in a dead end street and had to use the driveway to turn around. I am so sick of your high and mighty better than everyone bullshi*. You are the same package monkey as all the rest of us so get off your self elevated perch, like I told you before. Those with glass houses should not throw stones!!!

That was kind of harsh but then the titans are having a tough year. :peaceful:

I think grgrcr88 was right on the money.
Upstate and the rest of us suffer from his chronic self righteousness.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Upstate's just playing the game according to UPS' rules. But i do disagree with the "accident". Should be an "incident" or an "occurence" especially if the driver had to use a driveway too make a 3point turn, but im sure the center manager will say he should have backed out to the road or mayjor high-traffic thorofare instead to avoid the concern.
You should stay out of driveways in a perfect world. Upstate aint to bad i'd gladly trade-up my saftey comm. leader for Upstate anyday.

I'm betting Upstate isn't on the safety committee at his building.
They probably can't stand him either.

I GOT ONE MORE

it is the typical residential driveways that we need to stay out of, not the ones where you can't see the house from the main road.

AHA..... and there lies the paradox.
Clearly, if the house is right there, well duh.

When is a driveway NOT a driveway, whereby the driver is absolved from driveway ish nish?

C'mon now ...... let's not have policy cloud common sense.

OR is it vice versa.

No policy can be absolute, unless it involves my little sister.

D

Dis-organized Labor

I had a date with Sarah Palin and we both took a leak on a driveway where a Package Car had just left.
The Customers ran out and soaked up some urine and oil.

I don't see why urine and oil cannot mix??

Anyone want some??? $99.95 an ounce..

Hangingon

For me, if it is too long to walk and there is no turn around near the house, they either get their package in a DR bag tied to the mailbox post or I take it back and they can pick it up at the center.

Didn't see this change in delivery policy here. I thought we still delivered packages to the front door/ carport etc.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Didn't see this change in delivery policy here. I thought we still delivered packages to the front door/ carport etc.

I have a lot of locked gates on my route and the routine for the last 15 years I have been on it is to leave the package in a DR bag behind the gate. No complaints and no claims in 15 years, so I must be doing something right.

i find this impossible to believe, theres no way a UPS truck was leaking oil

over here at freight we employ only the finest of equipment, everything is brand new, im sure its the same way there

The title of the thread mentions being charged with an accident, but the text says the driver was charged with backing into a driveway. The OP also does not mention what kind of driveway, how long it was, city resi or country farm/estate. None of us were there to see the setup, not even the OP. Of course there can well be exceptions to every rule but the overwhelming facts are that the company has spent millions on Telematics just to prevent us from backing the PCs into driveways they have to show results, ya know.

With the information given in the first post, I think Upstate is correct. Don't back into driveways, unless there are good exceptions.

i find this impossible to believe, theres no way a UPS truck was leaking oil

over here at freight we employ only the finest of equipment, everything is brand new, im sure its the same way there
LOL CD, ya gonna have to do better than that if you want snarky remarks in return. At least make it believable.lmao

Dustyroads

"Charging one with an accident" is so meaningless. It has no weight with regard to suspension or termination, and so what if you lose your safe driving award. Oh, I forgot, we don't get safe driving awards. Really, charging one with an accident for leaking oil on a driveway says so much more about the management person responsible for the "charging" than it does about the driver who commited the imaginary infraction. I say, BFD!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
"Charging one with an accident" is so meaningless. It has no weight with regard to suspension or termination, and so what if you lose your safe driving award. Oh, I forgot, we don't get safe driving awards. Really, charging one with an accident for leaking oil on a driveway says so much more about the management person responsible for the "charging" than it does about the driver who commited the imaginary infraction. I say, BFD!

Agreed. The end result anticipated is to change the behavior. I'm sure this will.