Southern Baptist Convention Throws Out Saddleback Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The Bible teaches no such thing as a "Rapture". It is a false doctrine.
It is a relatively new. It began first being taught by a fellow by the name of John Darby in 1830
Wanna play?
I know. But he based it on the book of revelation didn’t he? Or something like that. Not going down that rabbit hole…
I know mathew mentions the second coming.
B5418572-3EE3-4425-8217-04BFB47D9710.gif

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Surprise, surprise.
It's ok.
We are not from the same place.
I am humbled by what God's word says, and defend it's truth and try to live and teach what is in there to the best of my ability.
You on the other hand, do not view the sacred writings or hold them in the same regard as I do. That's a fact, given just given your comments in just this thread.
That being said and proven in just this thread, you cannot have a discussion about what the Bible teaches on any subject because of the position you hold about what the Bible is.
I fear for your soul.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It’s time.

I feel finally prompted and clear about the decision.

I will be requesting that this thread be locked for further replies tomorrow morning.

No matter what dialogue or interactions happen between now and then, be advised the request will be made sometime in the morning.

I give you this message so that you are able to get your final words in.

I will still be participating as I see fit until then as well.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Agreed.
We are not from the same place.
True
I am humbled by what God's word says, and defend its truth and try to live and teach what is in there to the best of my ability.
Excellent.
You on the other hand, do not view the sacred writings or hold them in the same regard as I do.
That's a fact, given just given your comments in just this thread.
That I think should be clear from this discussion thread.
That being said and proven in just this thread, you cannot have a discussion about what the Bible teaches on any subject because of the position you hold about what the Bible is.
Not if the exclusive basis for what you think, do, and believe in its entirety is in the Bible Interpretation and Translation you have chosen to adhere to.
I fear for your soul.
Thank you for your concern.

Thebrownblob

It’s time.

I will be requesting that this thread be locked for further replies tomorrow morning.

No matter what dialogue or interactions happen between now and then, be advised the request will be made sometime in the morning.

Brownblob was here

For a good time call @UnionStrong

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It’s time.

It’s been fun
F55AD7C9-CED7-4DE7-AAE5-A39A70350FEC.gif

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
4 of the over 20,000 changes made from the original.
I think a key word is "Updated". Updated to fit the thinking of today's society.

But, why are you concerned?
I am not concerned.
If you don't like what it says, no matter the version, you reject it anyway.
Again you make another false statement.

I love the Bible, I find it very useful in my religious and spiritual life, and my personal relationship with God.

I read it daily.

I agree with much of it and I disagree with some of it.

I do not believe that written religious tradition such as the Bible or any non religious tradition to have any authority over mankind.

God is my source.

The Bible is your source.

That’s fine. Glad it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.