Speeding Ticket

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by theUPSman, Oct 21, 2009.

1. theUPSman

theUPSman New Member

I received a speeding ticket early this morning. I was 13 miles over the limit. I drive Saturday Air sometimes. Do I need to inform my sups about this, or will I still be okay to drive?
  2. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

You don't have to tell him, but it wouldn't hurt. Make sure you report it on the annual disclosure form.
  3. Billy

Billy New Member

Actually it could land you a warning letter for not following methods and procedures. There have been several UPS involved deaths lately. I bet yours is the first of many to come.
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

How do you segway from a speeding ticket to predicting the man's demise? The speeding ticket was in his personal vehicle. He does not have to tell mgt but does have to list it on the annual disclosure form.
  5. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

Where does he say that it was in his personal vehicle?
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

He said that he got the ticket early in the morning and that he sometimes runs Saturday air which I would assume mean he is not a FT driver.
  7. some1else

some1else Active Member

besides a ticket is not a conviction. go to court it is worth your time; if you ever do want to go ft they will check your record and if that ticket may dq you.
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

Good point but I don't think one speeding ticket would disqualify someone. Don't they go back 3 years?
  9. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

We have PTers that drive as fill ins and Sat air. I wonder if he was on the clock when issued the ticket. How bout it "theUPSman"? Where you on the clock?
  10. yeldarb

yeldarb Member

Here, you record needs to be clean from accidents and tickets for 12 months. I got a ticket a year or so ago, and used the teamster lawyer, and got it dismissed. (Where I am, if you have your cdl and get a ticket, you cant go to traffic school, the only way to get it off your record is to get it dismissed).
  11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

He said early this morning. This would be Wednesday.
  12. brownrodster

brownrodster New Member

13. tracker2762

tracker2762 Active Member

We have full time drivers who need extra money and work Saturdays.
    This happens all the time.
  14. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

I understood him as meaning he got it in his personal vehicle. If it were me, I wouldn't mention it but of course I'd put it on the annual.
  15. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

Fight this ticket every step of the way. Research your case, take pictures. Your ticket is important to you. Your ticket is one of many written by the officer, not as important to him. A connected lawyer can help you greatly but if you can't afford one, be your own lawyer and present your case properly to the judge. They usually shoot for an 80 percent conviction rate. If a bunch of other defendants are getting slaughtered in the courtroom , you stand a good chance of sailing if you present a good non-emotional case.

For future reference, the easiest ticket to beat is the one you never got in the first place.
  16. Billy

Billy New Member

well I took it as in the package car. Then I was speaking of all that speed in a package car. I just feel that because of all the negative press lately we all are being watched a bit closer. Sorry for your confusion.
  17. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I believe you only have to put it on the annual if it`s a conviction,not just a ticket.
  18. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

Dont worry about it pay or fight ticket its nothing it happens every day
  19. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

Billy , don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your license:wink2:
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  20. NHDRVR

NHDRVR New Member

fight the power...