Speeding ticket

Artee

All motor vehicle violations that your are convicted of in a personal or company vehicle have to be reported, except parking tickets.

Scratchy

Yes. Moving violations always matter. It's the non-moving violations that don't. He needs to report the ticket to management or your ISP per Ground guidelines. I don't know what your reporting window is. In short, he needs to notify the appropriate people at Ground that he had a moving violation. Doesn't matter whether it is personal vehicle or not. Failure to do so can result in problems.

Do moving violations include no-seatbelt violations (while driving/moving)? I was told by HR that a no-seatbelt violation would disqualify someone from entering driver training and that person would have to wait the full year after the violation to become eligible again. Thanks.

Scratchy

@oldngray - This particular case is located in NY. It seems insufficient to have a seatbelt violation put a hitch in an application for a package car job. I get it that safety is integral to the nature of the job. I'm looking for a UPS policy outlining the driver's license abstract requirements for a new driver.

SmithBarney

We have to sign a certification form in January but they don't pull everyone's abstract----that would be too expensive ($10 per in NY). I think they may do random checks.
I'm almost certain that they don't even pull the info there are a couple of CRRs I know of who "mistakenly" invert numbers on their DL when filling out the form each year... no because they have tickets, but because they wanted to see if FDX actually pulled the records.