Spring cleaning time on your vehicles

HomeDelivery

come on HD contractors/drivers... get w/ the program & clean out your vehicles already!

i drove one driver's stepvan was so dirty, by the end of my 10-hour day, i looked like this:

pigpen1.gif

so I swept it out/ hosed down the rear cargo area, lubed the pivot points on the doors/ locks... & charged the contractor $20 :money: did i ask for too much?

there was an actual ant farm at the rear corners of the stepvan where the drain holes were clogged up w/ dirt!?!

(this was a female's vehicle, btw ~ yuck)

------------------------------
the ground's terminal has PT washers~ like UPS~ that does the interior/ exterior cleaning daily/weekly

HD has a weekly exterior cleaning only, but some of these drivers love to work in filth:dont_know:

can't wait for 2 more weeks until the contractor gives me my own stepvan for the summer...

HomeDelivery

Contractor pays driver to deliver packages not clean vehicles. If he does that he should pay him to do so.

yup, i've seen some drivers at the terminal sweeping out their own stepvans before they preload/sort & didn't ask for extra payment for doing so... (suckers!)

others, like this female driver, won't even do a proper vehicle inspection & makes the contractor do it in the AM ~ like checking / topping off fluids, kickin' the tires, lights, etc... those drivers don't give a damn & rather have those vehicles break down on-the-road

------------------------
i've caught a couple of vans w/ flat inner tires on the duallies already & good thing this terminal has a dedicated mechanic at the lot for these types of things; i wouldn't want to go back to driving a rental vehicle since that'll hurt my SPORH

last Sat, i was done 2 hours earlier than my planned day just because i was in a stepvan vs a rental boxtruck...

HomeDelivery

it's time to clean when you can't even see the odometer to enter your "dispatch mileage" at the beginning of your day:

inside-truck1-filtered.jpg

i've seen caked on dirt on the intrument panel, w/ just the odometer cleared off ~ lol

come on contractors, at least keep your drivers from not wanting to quit on you by caring for your fleet

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
it's time to clean when you can't even see the odometer to enter your "dispatch mileage" at the beginning of your day:

inside-truck1-filtered.jpg

i've seen caked on dirt on the intrument panel, w/ just the odometer cleared off ~ lol

come on contractors, at least keep your drivers from not wanting to quit on you by caring for your fleet

Holy crap! Is that actually the inside of one of y'all's vehicles? What is that, a Model T?!?!

HomeDelivery

yuuup, illustrating the point that i can't even view the odometer because i've seen dash panels that bad

I had a driver at my station ask me how to open the hood on his truck last week! Here's been driving that particular truck for more than a year.

LoL... he didn't know what those 2 rubber thingies in front / sides of the hood?

i bet he doesn't uses his parking brake either

btw, those stepvan brake drums that are sandwiched after the transmission & by the driveshalft are a pretty weird design...

dezguy

Our exteriors get cleaned once a week but if you don't get back before 1800, your truck doesn't get washed for the week. As for the inside, I always wipe my truck down once a week and give the cab a vacuum. I work with one guy who has never cleaned his truck and it is just gross. I don't know how people work in a filthy truck.

HomeDelivery

and i thought Express had higher standards... j/k

i also have a solution for the glass windows & use old newsprint to clean out the interior

dab of dish soap, white vinegar, water in a formerly spent windex bottle

~ is it cheaper just to go to a dollar store when you ran out? sure, but i'm not on UPS' wages...

http://www.crunchybetty.com/battle-of-the-homemade-glass-cleaners

hmm, cornstarch?!? i thought there was another chemical, ammonia, that would be just as good

STFXG

My interior gets a simple green job once a year. I don't really care how dirty my drivers trucks are. As long as they aren't cluttered with garbage. If they want a clean truck they can keep it clean.

Kind of a waste of time to try and keep it clean. Endless mud in the spring and fall, dust in the summer. Not worth the energy to me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Yup.
I don't bother cleaning the inside of my truck. Who cares? No one is gonna see it and, as soon as I clean the inside, it's dirty the next day.

Motown

I am in the truck more than I am at home so I like to keep it clean.Besides, like it or not, how the truck and I look are a reflection on the company.Just today a customer commented on the dirty Fed Ex guy.Does cleanliness decide who a company chooses as a carrier?No, but it does leave an impression

hypo hanna

I am in the truck more than I am at home so I like to keep it clean.Besides, like it or not, how the truck and I look are a reflection on the company.Just today a customer commented on the dirty Fed Ex guy.Does cleanliness decide who a company chooses as a carrier?No, but it does leave an impression
I clean the inside of the truck for me. I no longer care what the customer thinks of the company's image.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I keep the cab of my pkg car clean. I wash the windows when I refuel (every 3 days). I wash out the interior once a month. Our 22.3 washes the exterior at least once a week.

HomeDelivery

I am in the truck more than I am at home so I like to keep it clean.

i only agree to that part of your post; thank goodness there are similar drivers out there that sort of takes some pride in their "rolling office"

yes, i do it for me & shows the contractor who owns the vehicle that i do care about their property ~ remember, i'm a wrench monkey too & will fix any minor issues on the stepvan
-------------------------------------

for example, last sat, the rivets holding down the sliding cargo door partition were broken ~ making for a noisy, rattlin' ride

quick punch & re-riveted them back & no more annoying rattling & i can slide the door easily on the track (yes, i don't leave the door open like some other HD drivers)

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My interior gets a simple green job once a year. I don't really care how dirty my drivers trucks are. As long as they aren't cluttered with garbage. If they want a clean truck they can keep it clean.

Kind of a waste of time to try and keep it clean. Endless mud in the spring and fall, dust in the summer. Not worth the energy to me.

Sent using BrownCafe App
So what if some customer's packages make it their doorstep with an inch of dust, huh?