IamFedExGround

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Hey bbsam, I have a question. Now I am not well versed in Ground procedures (or lack thereof..) but are your drivers allowed to take packages as a "walk-up" like we are at Express? Only reason I ask is, one of my normal stops has a Ground package that's been sitting on their counter for over 2 weeks now, and I see a Ground driver daily at another stop. I told him about it, had to explain that the package was LITERALLY RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET and he told me that he can't do anything with it unless his dispatcher tells him about it. Is this true? I am not knocking the guy, he's nice and actually seems like he cares but that sounded fishy to me. And yes the company has called it in several times.

bbsam

Staff member
He is not prevented from picking it up by Fedex, however, the contractor may have given that directive. Why? I have no idea. Possible had a complaint in the past about picking up a box before the customer wanted it to go. We have a shipper that does E bay who sometimes has packages ready to go for days but won't let them go until he gets paid. Now why doesn't the customer simply pick up the phone and call in a pickup? Or they could drop it off at Office.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey bbsam, I have a question. Now I am not well versed in Ground procedures (or lack thereof..) but are your drivers allowed to take packages as a "walk-up" like we are at Express? Only reason I ask is, one of my normal stops has a Ground package that's been sitting on their counter for over 2 weeks now, and I see a Ground driver daily at another stop. I told him

about it, had to explain that the package was LITERALLY RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET and he told me that he can't do anything with it unless his dispatcher tells him about it. Is this tru
e? I am not knocking the guy, he's nice and actually seems like he cares but that sounded fishy to me. And yes the company has called it in several
times.
That is Ground 3W Service. 3 weeks to pick it up and another 3 weeks to deliver it...to the wrong address.

CJinx

I wish some guys wouldn't do that. Guys keep picking up express boxes and/or boxes without labels. Outbound doesn't know what to do with them and sticks them in the QA cage.

Why would you take an express box? Does the customer not care that their box is definitely going to be late?
And boxes with no shipping labels? Good job guy, you just stole someone's stuff. Now go take it back to wherever you got it from. lol

MaineGroundDriver

No, confirmed tattooed parolees and societal misfits. Get it right. Boneheaded is a given.

I'm a Ground Driver and let me tell you, I have no tattoos, I'm very professional, my uniform is always neat, etc .. I'm sure in some areas of the country, there are some really bad drivers .. but not ALL of us are! :angry:

CJinx

I'm a Ground Driver and let me tell you, I have no tattoos, I'm very professional, my uniform is always neat, etc .. I'm sure in some areas of the country, there are some really bad drivers .. but not ALL of us are! :angry:
Hmm. Based on your username, there is a 1 in 4 chance I know you. :)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm a Ground Driver and let me tell you, I have no tattoos, I'm very professional, my uniform is always neat, etc .. I'm sure in some areas of the country, there are some really bad drivers .. but not ALL of us are! :angry:[/QUOTE ]

I never said all. But do your wear flip-flops, Elvis shades, or combat boots with your uniform shorts? Do you have a Mohawk, Mullet, or piercings,and/ or weigh more than 250 lbs? Just checking ( and probably pissing you off even more).

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No, we have lots of those at Express too. They are called managers.

Uh huh. Ground driver is in an accident and it looks like it's his fault: he's an unprofessional bum. Express courier is in an accident and it looks like it's his fault: we can't really blame him because he's under the pressure of increased productivity.

Ground driver does something careless or stupid with a package: he's an unprofessional bum. Express courier throws a monitor over a fence: he was mistreated and pushed too hard.

Why do you shill for bad Express employees? Maybe you are one.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Uh huh. Ground driver is in an accident and it looks like it's his fault: he's an unprofessional bum. Express courier is in an accident and it looks like it's his fault: we can't really blame him because he's under the pressure of increased productivity.

Ground driver does something careless or stupid with a package: he's an unprofessional bum. Express courier throws a monitor over a fence: he was mistreated and pushed too hard.

Why do you shill for bad Express employees? Maybe you are one.

New shill strategy from Corporate? It isn't any better. Perhaps you and your fellow Memphites need to get it together....pathetic.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

He is not prevented from picking it up by Fedex, however, the contractor may have given that directive. Why? I have no idea. Possible had a complaint in the past about picking up a box before the customer wanted it to go. We have a shipper that does E bay who sometimes has packages ready to go for days but won't let them go until he gets paid. Now why doesn't the customer simply pick up the phone and call in a pickup? Or they could drop it off at Office.

They did call it in, I verified this before anything else. I guess it may have been a directive from his contractor. Also, this is a pretty good sized company and they figure if they are shipping it with FedEx, FedEx should pick it up...not them have to hope they can get someone to take it to Office.

STFXG

The company probably scheduled it as an express pickup and doesn't know the difference. If it had been scheduled it would have been picked up.

Probably just an under paid salaried guy who didn't want to spend an extra 5 minutes for no extra pay. He has no incentive to help out a customer...

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

The company probably scheduled it as an express pickup and doesn't know the difference. If it had been scheduled it would have been picked up.

Probably just an under paid salaried guy who didn't want to spend an extra 5 minutes for no extra pay. He has no incentive to help out a customer...

Pretty sure it was called in correctly, but since I don't work there I can only speculate. As for the incentive to work, if I am not on the clock, I am not on the clock for any one...can't blame them for that one.