State of Emergency in Virginia

wkmac

ok maybe I missed it show me your top democratic leaders condemning antifa

He did not say top democratic leaders because I suspect none of them have. But a lot of people (average folk and some opinion makers) have condemned the antifa as anti free speech, anti free thought. Thaddeus Russell, left historian and author of the "Renegade History of the United States" has spoken widely about this problem and his own confrontations with antifa forces who want to dictate speech and thought by belligerent confrontation and the use of authority forces to get their way. A number of pieces as the progressive Counterpunch are also critical of antifa and movements like it, left or right.

newfie

He did not say top democratic leaders because I suspect none of them have.

now you're making excuses for him. Antifa has been attacking innocent people peacefully assembling all year. show me the leaders speaking out against them. where is schumer and Pelosi condemning antifa.

wkmac

now you're making excuses for him. Antifa has been attacking innocent people peacefully assembling all year. show me the leaders speaking out against them. where is schumer and Pelosi condemning antifa.

He did not say top democratic leaders because I suspect none of them have.

As I said none of them have to my knowledge so how can I show where any of them have. I never argued that any of them did. My own suspicion is they've said nothing in order to save this to the side in case they can use it politically somehow later.

refineryworker05

The only thing I wonder is how do those millions of Americans who make common cause with those white supremacist protestors, rationalize condemning those white supremacist protestors while working to keep confederate statues around which is what those white supremacist protestors were protesting to keep as well.

I am sure they'll rationalize their way to an answer somehow, but it is very interesting to me how the connection never gets made... Hey white supremacists and racists are on "our" side in this debate about confederate symbols......maybe we should rethink our position? Nah I'm sure that won't happen.

It's like if you are defending having confederate statues in your town square, don't be surprised when that debate attracts white supremacists in support of your position to your town.

newfie

Innocent protesters?
They came ready to fight with their own riot gear on man.

not talking about charlottsville. I said all year. these same anitfa thugs have been jumping innocent trump supporters for a year now .

now you guys want to turn them into innocent victims. these antifa nuts are every bit as hateful as the Nazi nuts. why are you guys taking sides?

Last edited:

newfie

The only thing I wonder is how do those millions of Americans who make common cause with those white supremacist protestors, rationalize condemning those white supremacist protestors while working to keep confederate statues around which is what those white supremacist protestors were protesting to keep as well.

I am sure they'll rationalize their way to an answer somehow, but it is very interesting to me how the connection never gets made... Hey white supremacists and racists are on "our" side in this debate about confederate symbols......maybe we should rethink our position? Nah I'm sure that won't happen.

It's like if you are defending having confederate statues in your town square, don't be surprised when that debate attracts white supremacists in support of your position to your town.

upload_2017-8-13_9-55-54.png