STAY OUT OF RESIDENTIAL DRIVEWAYS!! NO EXCEPTIONS!! What would you do ?

browniehound

Why must the radio be in the back? I have a big job site radio, and I bungee it to the "grab bar" on the pass side floor. Can't screw with it while driving, but still provides some nice, sexy music for me

Funny sidebar here about radio bungeed to the grab bar. I had mine bungeed. Had it blarring on a mix radio station on my way to area. I get off the highway and to a busy downtown area and "Its Raining Men" comes on the radio and I couldn't change the station because it was out of reach. People were starring at me and I was quite embarrassed. Pulled over and lowered first chance I got.

Do you get the picture of a UPS driver sitting at a stoplight in the town center with "Its Raining Men" blasted on the radio? Quite funny now when I think about it, LOL. Its raining men, hali-lu-yea its raining men...god bless mother nature she's a single woman too...its raining men yeah!

Indecisi0n

Funny sidebar here about radio bungeed to the grab bar. I had mine bungeed. Had it blarring on a mix radio station on my way to area. I get off the highway and to a busy downtown area and "Its Raining Men" comes on the radio and I couldn't change the station because it was out of reach. People were starring at me and I was quite embarrassed. Pulled over and lowered first chance I got.

Do you get the picture of a UPS driver sitting at a stoplight in the town center with "Its Raining Men" blasted on the radio? Quite funny now when I think about it, LOL. Its raining men, hali-lu-yea its raining men...god bless mother nature she's a single woman too...its raining men yeah!

Now that's funny.

preload1

There is a section of my route with (literally) an aligator infested canal along side, there are wild hogs, deer, and snakes everywhere, along with every flying insect you can imagine. The driveways are about half mile long and full of ankle breaking pot holes, knee deep water/mud holes, low hanging trees, ants, you name it.

For years I've driven these driveways. Ive' been in an older truck with no telematics/keyless yet, and I got put into a newer 1200 bus recently with it. Tattle-tell-ematics reported I'm driving up and down these driveways, I was instructed not to Friday. I explained how long/dangerous they are, and was told to walk it..

Yeah. The camera stopped by mistake. I think it was the nut behind the wheel. I would fire you for not having both hands on the wheel and being just dumb enough to record it.

I know, work as instructed, I dont feel safe working as instructed. I sheeted them missed Monday, brought them back, I said I dont feel safe, comfortable, and was trying to expect the unexpected (being killed) and was told cant do that, deliver them. So I went back out, and recorded one of the driveways. How would you handle this, instructions are to walk the driveway. Expect the unexpected, and the "management cant instruct you to do something dangerous" plays in here too. I REFUSE to walk these driveways, it is NOT safe... And was instructed not to sheet them missed.

I have continued to not work as instructed and drove up and down them this week after being told not to.

Heres a video, driveway is actually another 40-50 Yards longer but camera stopped by mistake, mailbox is all the way at the end past where video stops. This is NOT a road, it's a private driveway. And I'm going slow because it's a terrible surface, all those ankle breaking potholes and dips shake the truck and I'm trying to keep pcs on the shelf. This is only 11 am with a full load

IMG 2889 - YouTube

balland chain

I would look at the supervisor who instructed me to not sheet the packages and let them know that is dishonesty... This driveway is insane ! There is no way on GOD's earth I would walk that off, and I would bet that no supervisor would walk it off either..

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Its called a Boar Spear. Been around for thousands of year. Hunting, war, survival.

Here's where to buy one. Have one mounted in the back of your truck.

Cold Steel Boar Spear FREE S&H 95BOASK. Cold Steel Tools.

49_Manny_Puig_Spear_Hunting_Chasin_Bacon_Boar_Hunting.jpg

95BOASK_m.jpg
95BOASK_m.jpg
49_Manny_Puig_Spear_Hunting_Chasin_Bacon_Boar_Hunting.jpg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

Bizzob232

2nd generation UPSer
It's actually covered in the contract big boy. The language gets better in the next contract. Get over it because its allowed.

Little man...please re-read the new contract. It will be in the back...

Or just use a Bluetooth. Completely legal and they are now required at my building if you plan to field a phone call or incur a DOT fine personally and to the company. And as a bonus, I can carry my phone in my pocket and never have to turn it down or worry about grandma hearing any offensive language blaring from my radio

Bizzob232

2nd generation UPSer
We provide service, but that type of road is unreasonable and unsafe to you and the vehicle. You aren't required to break and axle bracket, get stuck, or scratch the vehicle.

1. I have never broken an axle bracket, or any other structural part of a package car. Busted mirrors cost $6 and take less than 3 minutes to replace. Its part of the cost of doing business in the country.

2. Getting stuck is part of the job. I carry a tow strap with me and all I have to do if I get stuck is tie it to the bumper and stand there. The first guy that drives by in a 4x4 pickup will stop and pull me out. Or I call the center, and they send a tow truck. No big deal, its a routine occurence around here.

3. Scratches? My truck is covered in scratches. Its 8 years old and has 150,000+ miles of hard service on it. If the scratch is bad enough I will pull into the shop at night and the mechanic will smear some brown paint on it with a brush and call it good. Since we no longer wash the cars on any kind of a regular basis, any scratches that it does have are covered with dirt and mud anyway. This isnt Clarksville.

I guess things are different for the city boys. Eastern shore of MD works the same way. Basically we are told if the driveway is under 100' walk it, unless you know there is a turn around wide enough for big brown. With probably 95% of our routes being rural routes, it's a moot point here.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Think I'll buy one of those before my vacation in Kauai next spring. Will put the loin cloth on and hike into the jungle and spear myself a wild pig. Will have my own family luau.

​Just have one sent to your hotel ahead of you. There not that expensive. I wouldn't want to lose it to the TSA.

wornoutupser

Has ANYONE here read the UPS Federal Charter???? One of the first sentences ( as close as I can quote without having it in front of me) is " UPS of Ohio, a door to door delivery company..."