Stealing time

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
But we also have people that take pictures of the computer for "proof". If you aren't keeping track, you will be screwed.

Be careful with this. You're not allowed to take pictures within the building, so therefore you may not take pictures of your clock-in/out times as seen on the computer.

Management use to print off copies of the start times for us to take home, then ceased doing so and encouraged us to take a picture of it instead. Yet if you used photos of your clock-in/out screenshots to address paycheck discrepencies... this same management team will threaten your job for utilizing cameras in the building.

No...it's a big problem. When we first startes using the Package timecard web...as opposed to the old time clocks...we could manually change start times ourselves. I find it easier to just write my hours down.for.the week,..and on fridays....have my center manager confirm my times on the computer to assure there will be no shortages in my paycheck. But if your checks are short...file a grievance and always keep track of your hours daily.

Although UPS has since removed the option for us to change our start times on Package Timecard Web, when we could we were warned that doing so was "dishonesty" and grounds for termination -- even if we were changing it from an inaccurate to an accurate time.

You and I have both been here for awhile. I can count the number of pay discrepancies on one hand and still have several fingers left over. For such a large company they do tend to get most things right.

In fairness Dave it's common among the PTers. Stripping each PTer of 1 minute per day here is the equivalent of working 1.5 less bodies per day -- it's huge. I've went through stretches under various Preload managers in which every single check, week after week, was off.

I've always been zealous about this and have questioned every single discrepancy. I get my time back, but management would be aggressive toward me. E.g. I once lifted a bucket that was leaking from a trailer, then immediately went to wash my hands, only to receive a verbal warning for a) mishandling packages and b) stealing time. For the record, it was clear the bucket was leaking long before I touched it, although not noticeable until it was lifted up.

clean hairy

Interesting how they jump on us Employees when they THINK we stole 1 second from them.
But they think nothing of stealing time off of our checks.
Nice set of double standards there!