Still not paid since OCTOBER

allahuakbar

She/Her
Find your managers house. Take a selfie infront of it. Then go up to him the next day and say youā€™d really like to get this resolved within the next week. Then show him the picture.

Commercial Inside Release

The union might get you penalty pay, in addition to wages. (Rarely see penalty paid out.)
The state labor dept will only get you the pay owed, but they are usually very serious.

There are limits though, to the size of the claim in many states. If your local fails you, and the amount is over your states limit ($19k is quite a bit,) then you will have to settle it in court. Court is way more complicated, expensive, and depending on your state you might not be able to recover legal costs from your employer.

Are you sure you are punching into the DIAD with the correct pay code for your classification? Wrong pay code, and the payroll dept won't be able to pay you the right rate. Pay code used to be editable in the DIAD, but now it isn't. Wouldn't surprise me if that is where your problem resides. Don't get me wrong though, this situation is totally on your supervisors, pay code or not. Sometimes you have to hold their feet to the fire!

BigBrown87

If itā€™s brown, itā€™s going down
I would keep filing and contact someone other than your BA. Did you try talking to the president of your local? Sounds like a nice check in penalty pay once resolved.

Commercial Inside Release

Rarely see penalty paid out?!?!

More and more I read your posts and just shake my head.
Go ahead. Reread what I wrote slowly. Not everyplace has a good local. Usually, all I can count on from them is inaction, and often they actively argue against greivances so they can go back to doing nothing. The last dozen interactions, they weren't even in the office. It has to be an ironclad, no-brainer for them to act, and even then only if they've dealt with it before - like 9.5 violations.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Go ahead. Reread what I wrote slowly. Not everyplace has a good local. Usually, all I can count on from them is inaction, and often they actively argue against greivances so they can go back to doing nothing. The last dozen interactions, they weren't even in the office. It has to be an ironclad, no-brainer for them to act, and even then only if they've dealt with it before - like 9.5 violations.
Maybe you aren't writing valid grievances?

I could see that being the case with some of the arguments you have been making here lately regarding air drivers doing ground work.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Whoā€™s Sean? And no I definitely donā€™t owe dues. Iā€™ve won the hearing. It is payroll so they claim. But I think things are moving now.
Your dues are predicated on your hourly rate.

If you were being underpaid, then you likely underpaid your union dues, albeit unwittingly.

RMR46

Hello my favorite article 17 grievance was for 5 hours. I ended up getting paid 10 straight hours + 70 hours of overtime