Stop thinking in crisis, start thinking in opportunities!

Salesguy

Sales Member
Salesguy still has not answered the question. What planet are you from? Your reality is not even in the same ballpark as ours. It sounds like he started this thread to make us mad and not submit leads. FEDEX SPY!!!!!

I am from UPS hyperspace giving you a special message in my language..
H+E+L+P+Y+O+U+R+C+O+M+P+A+N+Y+E+N+T+E+R+L+E+A+D+S+T+O+D+A+Y+

sexyupsman

Although, the power of the UPS driver is quite important. I would have stayed with FE if my driver had not taken a few opportunities to take me aside and tell me the difference in service and price. He didnt give specifics but if not for him I would have NEVER switched over. It has been the best decision for me and my company. We save tons of cash each year plus we get incentives and we just got a new computer from HP from my current volume we qualified for almost $1,000.00 FE never made any attempt to sway me back to their company. UPS drivers are the best the company owes a great deal to the drivers!:peaceful:

P

pickup

I am from UPS hyperspace giving you a special message in my language..
H+E+L+P+Y+O+U+R+C+O+M+P+A+N+Y+E+N+T+E+R+L+E+A+D+S+T+O+D+A+Y+

Hey sales guy alec baldwin has something to say to you. To watch seven minutes is a little too much so just watch from 6:00 in reference to the leads.

[video=youtube;TROhlThs9qY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TROhlThs9qY[/video]

P

pickup

A. So True, I am out of this world
B. It never hurts to have fun with yourself
C. Adds don;t have clues, the power is repeatment
D. Thanks for your positive comment!
\

"repeatment" ? What other terms are in your vocabulary? Embiggenment? More gooder?

tiegirl

tiegirl
The issue with selling a SLIM lead is you already have more to do than you have time to do it and you get lead after lead with no time to even call the lead must less do an additional work that would be necessary to get an account shipping with UPS. Then it gets close to 30 days old and you are told to close the lead. As a salesman we give a lot of UPS accounts lip service. That seems to be the way upper management wants it to be done. Call the account, identify the business and move on. UPS just wants to know what is out there but they do not want to give you the time to work an account. But then you hear win that business.

Thank you for your effort. We all need to do our part and we need your help to sell these leads when they're presented to you. If you sold every lead from every driver, we don't have to worry. Thanks again.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I do find it interesting that "Mr go out there and bring me sales leads" has chosen to respond to all the side comments, but yet did not respond to mine.

Maybe he knows that what I posted was very on target? So if you want to grow the business, fix what is currently running business off in the first place first. Then go after new business.

Otherwise, the salesguy is nothing but hot air on a website.

d

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have a salesrep that comes in here 2xs a month. All he does is push me for more business. I dont have any problem with that but man he has my business shouldnt he be looking for new prospects. My driver sees this guy everyday and all he does is tell the guys to "get more business we need new LTL get new accounts". I realize the drivers are the backbone of UPS, why dont the salesguys/girls get their butts in gear and secure more business? Why dont they get 1 lead times the 20,000 reps out there everyday? Thats 20,000 new customers according to my calculations. And yes in case I forgot to mention, he is one fine puerto rican salesrep! He gets the job done!:peaceful:

That's the "Flare" I was talking about. Glad you got over the insult, sexy, wb!

ha ha good one, Dah we are a UPS family, great minds think alike,
proven by the quoted quote above.

You are a proud member of the family as well.

But I am not here to inform you about your great job and its privilages.
Reading your comments make me feel that you need some more love
And I need Love-ov (+ad) +s

Why not work together and after we met in the bar I arrange you a date?
It never hurts to help.

That's the problem, right there, sales. You think you have people figured out and try to come at them with the old school approach, instead of finding out a little more about them, and working with that. Time to try a new approach there, Mr 70's salesguy!

Hey Pudg00.. maybe you would still be in sales if your knew how to sell and not be controlled by the teamsters.

EH?

pudg00

pudg00
Have yet to be controlled my the teamsters. As a matter of fact they have done a great job for me. Took a company with 1 million in sales to 12 million in 3 years. How about you unionsuck. I think I know what I am talking about.

Please do not tell me how to do my job...you have no idea what you are talking about. Why would I care where FedEx delivers.....I care where FedEx is making pick ups.
Please stop bothering me when I tried to do my job. I can do my job but having to do my job and ur job for u lazy sales guys is bull****. U aqlso should care where fedex is delivering because sometimes those customers do have the option of choosing what service provider they want.

wisedragonfly

Hello to all of my fellow UPSers.
I'm new to the BC site, so please forgive me if I'm not following the proper forum. I figure, I'll learn as I go.

Be easy on me, "Stevetheupsguy"! :peaceful:

Please don't hate me too much when I say that I have never held a driver position during my 24 years with UPS. Although, I have been on a couple driver ride along programs, offered in my district in the past years. Whew! What a physically hard job our drivers have out there; face to face with our customers, in the heat, cold, wind, rain and snow! I won't even get into the fact of how your knees hold up day after day in and out of that package car. I do not envy your driver positions and I am so grateful for my desk job, as I work diligently at my computer.

Yes, I do love my desk job, but never think that my blood is any less brown than yours. I am a dedicated UPSers, just like many drivers. I think most of us will say that they're PROUD to be a UPSer. I give a piece of myself to UPS everyday and hope I make a difference, even if only slightly compared to a driver.

While I have not been posting, up until now, I have been reading your comments. I must say I was shocked to find out that so many drivers HATE the SLIM Sales Lead Program. I was wondering if anyone really understood how much extra $$$ you could make by submitting leads?

SLIM is not for only drivers. The program is designed for every UPS employee to help grow the business. The added bonus for the driver is the fact that drivers are paid money, $$$, for volume that is gained by their sales lead, unlike non-union employees who earn AwardperQ to select items from a catalog. Don't get me wrong, there is some very cool items in the catalog.

There are some AWESOME drivers out there who submit leads on a regular bases. Some sell and some don't! I've seen many drivers from my district get paid $1000 for one lead. What makes these drivers so successful? They submit good quality sales leads, completed with the company name and complete street address, including a suite #, if needed. They have a first and last name of the contact peron who has knowledge that their driver submitted a lead for them. The successful driver has also provided a valid contact phone number, hopefully of the decision maker, or the person who is in contact with the decision maker for the pickup location.

When these successful drivers see a FedEx package sitting on the dock at one of their pickup stops, for the FedEx driver to pickup, they ask the shipping manager, what's up with the FedEx package?, and ask if they can submit a lead to gain new volume that otherwise will continue go FedEx.

Did you know that if UPS has upset an existing acct customer because of a billing issue, a lost or damaged package, a pricing issue or the customer has recently diverted existing UPS volume to a competitor; that it is considered a Retention Lead and should be submitted to protect our existing volume? Yes, drivers are paid to protect our volume and it's an easy win! The Retention lead does not need to grow volume to be paid like a regular lead. The Retention lead volume is based on volume retained so the volume can not show a decline. To properly routed the Retention Leads within the SLIM system the Retention Lead must be coded with the initiative listed as Retention. It's also help to list in the comments section on the lead as to what type of problem the customer has.

The successful driver builds a face to face rapport with their customer's that they see and talk with everyday. In turn, if the customer is going to open a new facility, they usually reach out for the driver's help with getting UPS pickup in the new facility.

As much as some drivers might hate to admit it, you are the eyes, the hears and voice of UPS. Never think the UPS does not value you, because the entire company evolves around you.

It's too bad we can't find a way of working together as a TEAM to help achieve our goal of growing the business. It seems as if there is a department war that takes place behind the scenes of UPS and for that we will lose volume to our competitors. So sad, too bad. Can we really afford for that to happen during the time when we are in an economy crisis?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
WDF, I have submitted sales leads. They were sold leads. I recieved my score card. Since then it has been nothing but a constant battle to check on points accumulated. The last statement I rec'd was dated 2/08. Why should I bother. It takes to much of my time to argue with some ............. on the other end to find out anything.

I have no interest what so ever to submit other leads.

I agree with pudg it is a good post but..................

One of my sold leads was Home Depot. In more than 2 yrs I have earned a total of 42 dollars. That just doesn't seem right when our Home Depot ships every single day.

Last edited:

pudg00

pudg00
Excelent post dragonfly. I think the main problem is we never hear it put in those terms. Come down to any center and all you will hear is "We need leads repeated over and over everyday". It becomes a hollow request when those of us have see little or no results from our hard EXTRA work. I think of my self as a salesmen for the company everyday on every route I run. The point is salesguy has no clue as I am sure you noticed. It is not as simple as submitting leads and that is it. Everyone in the loop has to do there job. Most of us do not see that happening.

hudson

One of my sold leads was Home Depot. In more than 2 yrs I have earned a total of 42 dollars. That just doesn't seem right when our Home Depot ships every single day.

The sold leads are watched for 13 weeks. After 13 weeks you are given your money. Corp watches what leads are closed sold, especially national accounts like Home Depot. More than likely Home Depots decision to ship with UPS was made out of their corp location. UPS corp feels you had nothing to do with the decision, so they removed the sold lead. Or the lead was put in for additional volume. Which means you get paid based on how many packages they are giving UPS now compared to how many they were giving us in the past.

Also the statements are 2 months behind for whatever reason.

hope this helps..