Strategy ideas for UPS

BeerLover

Hey guys! I'm in the process of an interview and required to do an assignment. I am trying to identify two innovative strategic priorities over the next 5 years for UPS, and outline possible solutions associated with these strategic priorities. Having UPS deliver on Sundays would be a good example. I would like to hear what ideas you guys may have. Thanks!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Premium Saturday-business to business ground. Picked up Friday for Saturday delivery within certain geographical locations.

AlphaMikeBravo

Same day local delivery routes. UPS can use dedicated drivers for certain businesses to conduct the same day delivery. Link existing client systems with UPS tracking systems to keep track of order volume. This service offering should be able to pick up a lot of new businesses from warehouse accounts, and UPS can create more jobs which can justify special training to the department of labor for those kickbacks (government grants).

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So your plan is to come on the internet and ask people for ideas so that you don't have to do your own job?
It's called research.
BTW, doing research is how I got back into the Brown Cafe family.
I was doing research on On-Call pickups and Smart Pickups to better understand the operational impacts and the reality of these new processes and with Smart P/U, the effect on drivers.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Put more loads on the rail if their expected delivery date is after the next weekend.
The two additional days in transit would allow for the same or earlier delivery date.

Start a Conversation with me if you want to discuss more in depth ... especially by phone.
Interactive discussions help.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Except railroads might not have the capacity for the extra loads.
The first phase of any project is the exploratory phase.
Good point but throwing ideas out on the table is the goal until that phase is complete.
The first part of the Exploratory phase is the initial "Open Ideas" phase where there are no bad ideas.
The better ideas will be distilled after more research and investigation.

I did this dozens of times if not hundreds when I was in Corporate.

BeerLover

Good point but throwing ideas out on the table is the goal until that phase is complete.
The first part of the Exploratory phase is the initial "Open Ideas" phase where there are no bad ideas.

Thank you for your help. I should be able to handle the rest from here. It shouldn't be too difficult as this is for an entry level finance-operations position

oldngray

nowhere special

Spitball_Procrastination_Zo_0.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We used to call this brainstorming.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Is that why the buttons on the Diad are in the wrong places