Strobe Lights for Pkg cars

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by OVERBOARD, Sep 25, 2013.

OVERBOARD Active Member

The mechanic told me tonight that he is installing strobe lights on my Pkg Car. I will be first in the building to get them. I ask him how was I so lucking be first and the mechanic said" he doesn't know they just gave him a package with my Pkg car number on it and told him to install these". I didn't know they had strobe lights for Pkg cars until tonight. Does anyone else have them yet?
  2. didyousheetit

didyousheetit Active Member

" Do the Hustle " do do do do to do

OVERBOARD Active Member

I will tomorrow night when I'm still working at 2000
  4. You forgot the warning letter dance.................burn baby burn!...................! or when you get your job back after being fired for something stupid...ahh. ahh ahh.staying alive!
  5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

We have a couple in our center. Supposed to help people see us when we are parked.
  6. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

We have a new 800 that have what I think you are describing. Yellow LEDs that alternately flash instead of the 4 ways. Bright and get your attention. I thought they only came from the factory that way. We only have one like that.
  7. djkre8r

djkre8r Member

We have one PC in our facility with strobes. The route is a downtown route where the driver parks in the street blocking parking places up and down the 6 or 7 block area (Broad Street). You'd think when people came out of the business and got in their car that they would see a big long brown truck behind them. Nope - back up and hit it! Now, how the strobes on the rear attract attention to those people - I don't know. This sure saves the driver time verses putting out cones (like the phone & cable guys do).
  8. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

Long overdue, imo. Especially on those low-visibility nights when the car needs to be parked on the on the side of the country road with cars flying by at 60 mph.
  9. Nazzrath

Nazzrath Member

What's next, sirens? wig-wag headlights? What I don't get is that they install all this silly stuff, but never thought to install those back-up beepers like every other trucking company out there.
  10. ZJ NOMAD

ZJ NOMAD New Member

Beepers really! are you serious! Honking when we back up is UPS - that is what we are known for every time we back up just Honk a couple of times, and every body knows UPS is there.
  11. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere
  12. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

I hear you, But we were also known for service. Customer at ABC company knew that at 11:15 a brown truck would back up to the dock with their packages. Now with splits and Orion he may not see the brown until his pick up time.
  13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I hope it doesn't interfere with my illegally hot-wired radio?
  14. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Yeah we have one truck in our center with them.
  15. _Mayday_

_Mayday_ Yes Really

When I read strobe lights I pictured something like the tv show Cash Cab.
  16. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Not if they are in a new car they don't. New cars are very quiet.
  17. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Can I request a disco ball too? I already play techno/dance music in my truck throughout the day.
  18. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Next is a brass pole and speakers blasting "Cherry Pie"

You wont need a raise in the new contract as you'll be making so much in singles.
  19. Is that the only play.............during the day?.....sorry you set yourself up for that one!
  20. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Well, techno, and peeling his banana....i'm guessing lol