Strobe Lights for Pkg cars

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
The mechanic told me tonight that he is installing strobe lights on my Pkg Car. I will be first in the building to get them. I ask him how was I so lucking be first and the mechanic said" he doesn't know they just gave him a package with my Pkg car number on it and told him to install these". I didn't know they had strobe lights for Pkg cars until tonight. Does anyone else have them yet?

We have a new 800 that have what I think you are describing. Yellow LEDs that alternately flash instead of the 4 ways. Bright and get your attention. I thought they only came from the factory that way. We only have one like that.

djkre8r

We have one PC in our facility with strobes. The route is a downtown route where the driver parks in the street blocking parking places up and down the 6 or 7 block area (Broad Street). You'd think when people came out of the business and got in their car that they would see a big long brown truck behind them. Nope - back up and hit it! Now, how the strobes on the rear attract attention to those people - I don't know. This sure saves the driver time verses putting out cones (like the phone & cable guys do).

iruhnman630

Long overdue, imo. Especially on those low-visibility nights when the car needs to be parked on the on the side of the country road with cars flying by at 60 mph.

Nazzrath

What's next, sirens? wig-wag headlights? What I don't get is that they install all this silly stuff, but never thought to install those back-up beepers like every other trucking company out there.

ZJ NOMAD

What's next, sirens? wig-wag headlights? What I don't get is that they install all this silly stuff, but never thought to install those back-up beepers like every other trucking company out there.

Beepers really! are you serious! Honking when we back up is UPS - that is what we are known for every time we back up just Honk a couple of times, and every body knows UPS is there.

kingOFchester

Honking when we back up is UPS - that is what we are known for

I hear you, But we were also known for service. Customer at ABC company knew that at 11:15 a brown truck would back up to the dock with their packages. Now with splits and Orion he may not see the brown until his pick up time.

Next is a brass pole and speakers blasting "Cherry Pie"

You wont need a raise in the new contract as you'll be making so much in singles.