Subaru Pulls UPS truck out of Snow in NC Yahoo Video

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Nice. I was telling all my in laws earlier if you get stuck anywhere in the ups truck whether it was in mud or snow and if ups has to pay to get you unstuck they would charge you with an accident. I told them that with our training according to ups its impossible to get into an accident and or get hurt on the job. They just looked at me dumbfounded and were like really? I told them serious as cancer YUP stupposedly lol. They were like that's ridiculous. I was like yep that's the harassment we deal with on a daily basis. Freakin ignorant is what it is lol.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My wife is on her third Forester, and I have absolutely no doubt that the Subie pulled the package car. But, the guy in the truck was driving it and the Subaru was just assisting. It wasn't a dead pull.

That said, the eyebolt that the guy in the video attached the hook to probably isn't rated for that much weight. That would be a lot of steel flying around if it pulled out.

(Oh yeah, I once pulled a mail carrier's Subaru out of a snow bank once with my package car. He high-centered it trying to get to a box.)

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I got a Subaru motor on my power washer. Thing runs like a champ. Kawasaki motor on my zero turn mower. 2 really good motors.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I doubt there could have been very much pull exerted without causing noticeable damage the way he hooked the bumper. The bumpers and those Morgan-Olsen bodied cars are far from sturdy. BTW, that was a 4x4 Dakota.

oldngray

nowhere special
Often I would get stuck with tires just spinning on a very little snow or ice and just needed a little nudge to get me moving. I had a guy push me with a Bobcat once.

dniebster

PARCEL JOCKEY
My wife is on her third Forester, and I have absolutely no doubt that the Subie pulled the package car. But, the guy in the truck was driving it and the Subaru was just assisting. It wasn't a dead pull.

That said, the eyebolt that the guy in the video attached the hook to probably isn't rated for that much weight. That would be a lot of steel flying around if it pulled out.

(Oh yeah, I once pulled a mail carrier's Subaru out of a snow bank once with my package car. He high-centered it trying to get to a box.)
Farmall farm tractor pulled me out of a ditch 2 weeks ago

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
First off if like to punch that guy in the face. It's not him it's me but what I was really thinking was did that ups guy have his parking brake on or his foot on the brake or something?
Probably not. What your forgetting is that Subaru probably weighs 3-4000 pounds, and that PC probably has a a GVWR of around 12,000. Obviously in anticipation of this snow, & to aid in traction, UPS planned & over loaded it. I'd say it went out the door at least 2-3000 overweight.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I had a semi pulling a excavator pull me out. Seems like he dragged me for half a mile after I was out. I think he forgot I was there.

rod

Retired 22 years

Nice job playing with the Subaru but when using a tow strap (not a chain) it is best to leave about 5 or 6 feet of slack in it then give it hell. The energy stored up in the strap when jerked will usually pop the stuck vehicle out. It also looked to me like that UPS truck wasn't helping much. (Maybe he didn't want to get back on the road). I carry a 6 inch wide strap with me and have rescued many people. I always tell them to put their seatbelt on and brace themselves------------and DON"T back into me when I stop.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Nice job playing with the Subaru but when using a tow strap (not a chain) it is best to leave about 5 or 6 feet of slack in it then give it hell. The energy stored up in the strap when jerked will usually pop the stuck vehicle out. It also looked to me like that UPS truck wasn't helping much. (Maybe he didn't want to get back on the road). I carry a 6 inch wide strap with me and have rescued many people. I always tell them to put their seatbelt on and brace themselves------------and DON"T back into me when I stop.
I carry a six inch plus piece with me everywhere I go in life.

over9five

Staff member
I got pulled out of the snow one time by a guy on a riding lawn mower.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I was pulled out of a loading dock by a guy with a pickup once. He was worried about hurting his truck.
Wish I had known the lawnmower story then!