Supervisor tried to get me fired by attempting to bait me.

tieguy

Banned
Here's the story. I was working pick off along with four other workers. Supervisor walks up to me and another worker. Talks to the other worker first. Tells the worker in a calm, professional manner to try and sort the packages properly, correct packages on the right belts. Then the supervisor walks up to me, puts his face right in my face and tells me louldy, no missorts, put the packages on the rights belts. Me and this supervisor don't get along. In past, I have filed a harrassment grievance on this supervisor. Also multiple employees have also filed harrassment on the is supervisor. I'm assuming the supervisor was trying to make an example out of me. Baiting me into some kind of physical confrontation. By getting in directly in my face, creating a hostile work enivorment, and trying to provoke me into saying some type of threating response.

Is what the supervior did to me a standard UPS play. Get in employee face, create a hostile work enviroment. So employee gets all emotional and does or says something stupid so management can fire employee.

Interesting. did he spit on your when he put his face right in your face and yelled loudly? if your description is accurate it is covered under work place violence guidelines. Call the hr department and file a workplace violence complaint.

SWORDFISH

Why? At my center my word as to what happened carries as much weight as any supervisor's.

Your situations may vary.

If its your word vs his it will go nowhere. However if he is shoved by his supe and its witnessed that will go a very long way. That was my point. Also the supe cant try to make up something to try and put you in hot water if its witnessed. I like your idea though. Thats what I would do. Except my supes bellys would be in the way of us getting to close. :funny:

Re-Raise

The OP is a PT kid working pickoff. You are a FT pkg car driver with 25+ yrs of service. The kid should have a witness.

I understand this, but I would never at any point in my employment at UPS allow a management person to feel he could somehow frighten or intimidate me into better performance.

I 'll even take it a step further and say this applies outside of UPS as well. If he has a problem with my work performance, he can tell me and I will try to improve.

If someone at UPS thinks they can somehow scare me by yelling at me or shoving me, they have another thing coming. It is actually making me smile thinking about it right now.

SWORDFISH

I understand this, but I would never at any point in my employment at UPS allow a management person to feel he could somehow frighten or intimidate me into better performance.

I 'll even take it a step further and say this applies outside of UPS as well. If he has a problem with my work performance, he can tell me and I will try to improve.

If someone at UPS thinks they can somehow scare me by yelling at me or shoving me, they have another thing coming. It is actually making me smile thinking about it right now.

ROFLOL

Returntosender

Interesting. did he spit on your when he put his face right in your face and yelled loudly? if your description is accurate it is covered under work place violence guidelines. Call the hr department and file a workplace violence complaint.
He was loud, kinda of like my high school wrestling coach when I did'nt follow through on a throw or shoot. I'm not worried about the violence, cause I know the sup does'nt know how to fight. Another worker told me before the sup got promoted, he and sup used horseplay after work, and the sup does'nt know how to fight because his footwork is terrible. He crosses his legs when he circles.

I'm shocked that a UPS sup would use the tactic of physical intimidation and try to bait me into doing something stupid ro saying something stupid to the sup. If the sups thinks he tough cause he got the title of supervisor and can talk downward towards employees he in his own world. SUP would bleed like a woman if piss off the wrong worker. I'm pretty sure there are some nut jobs working at UPS. Just becuase all of us have to walk through a metal detector and our fence line is topped with barbed wire like somekind of prison. How many jobs besides a prison guard or military have this kind of security and deterrance to violence. I don't know about your HUB but ours appears to built like a prisoin to keep the workers in.

Call the HR department and report it. I'm not new to UPS, I know SUPS back SUPS like COPS back COPS.

Another person I refer to as "Heath" told I should have the taken the Oakland route. Just call the police, file a TRO on the sup. When you go to court the sup will deny the act of intimidation. The key is the get it documented in court. If enough employee do this. Eventually someone in higher ranks will take notice and start asking questions. What is going on at this HUB. Sups like these are a dime a dozen at UPS according to "Heath" if he keeps doing it eventually he'll get caught. Then get fired. Then you can go after the higher UPS management becuase they let this sup continue with this crazy behavior, took no corrective action about the behavior. The key is court documents. Not Union documents because words can be ommitted in the offical report or the report is lost. But other UPS tell me the Oakland operation is the one the craziest ops if not the craziest ops.

blue efficacy

I had something like this happen to me a few years ago on the high volume pickoff, it was the full time supervisor from the primary. I just ignored him when he was screaming at me, kept stopping the belt when I needed to. He never bothered me again.

Returntosender

Yes if I were you I would run and tell on the supervisor... Don't forget to suck your thumb, while your telling. Then when you are all done telling one of the supervisors can change your diaper. I bet you have your mommy call you off, don't you... Pathetic...

You have Small Man syndrome, and also is a keyboard warrior. Did I say I was going to run to another supervisor and tell on him. "NO" I was shocked at his attempt to bait me into saying or doing something stupid.

Did you get beaten up in high school and middle school. That's why you behave the way you do? I know guys like you all talk no walk, if you do walk your hips swing like Adam Lambert's. Socks the only fights you're capable of winning is when you beat your wife "If you found a woman dumb enough to deal with you're insanity. If a woman is with you she's with cause she needs your money." Or Socks you win by acting all tough by posting on here, and if the poster does'nt respond. You think that's right I'm the MAN. "Socks you bleed like a WOMAN." You see anyone behind a computer screen can throw insults out and appear to be tough, but in reality you're you not tough. Socks did you lose your virginity to a prositute cause no girl would lay on her back for you in high school. Becuase you were a loser then, and now. Since you have title of supervisor or manger now, it's time for you to get you're revenge, on all of those guys in high school or middle school who humiliated you by taking it out on your workers who some how remind you of the guys who humilated you decades ago. "That is pathetic."

Raw

Raw Member
You have Small Man syndrome, and also is a keyboard warrior. Did I say I was going to run to another supervisor and tell on him. "NO" I was shocked at his attempt to bait me into saying or doing something stupid.

Did you get beaten up in high school and middle school. That's why you behave the way you do? I know guys like you all talk no walk, if you do walk your hips swing like Adam Lambert's. Socks the only fights you're capable of winning is when you beat your wife "If you found a woman dumb enough to deal with you're insanity. If a woman is with you she's with cause she needs your money." Or Socks you win by acting all tough by posting on here, and if the poster does'nt respond. You think that's right I'm the MAN. "Socks you bleed like a WOMAN." You see anyone behind a computer screen can throw insults out and appear to be tough, but in reality you're you not tough. Socks did you lose your virginity to a prositute cause no girl would lay on her back for you in high school. Becuase you were a loser then, and now. Since you have title of supervisor or manger now, it's time for you to get you're revenge, on all of those guys in high school or middle school who humiliated you by taking it out on your workers who some how remind you of the guys who humilated you decades ago. "That is pathetic."
Good for you young man! That is the attitude you need to deal with UPS management. UPS is a great job if your man enough to deal with management and you are.:salute:

Re-Raise

I think we have had similiar examples of supervisors behaving this way debated on this site. I think the general consensus here ... with a few notable exceptions... is that it is a poor motivational tool and that it is done out of fear by the supervisor.

They are trying to control their numbers , which are often set by someone else at an unrealistic level. When they can't come up with anything useful to help their employees meet these numbers they revert to the simplest approach which is yelling at them to do better.

Like most situations in life you can't control the actions of everyone around you, but you can control your response to their actions.

While we can always try to do better, if you are confident that you are giving your best effort, then just continue to do your job and realize it is his problem.

22.34life

Yes if I were you I would run and tell on the supervisor... Don't forget to suck your thumb, while your telling. Then when you are all done telling one of the supervisors can change your diaper. I bet you have your mommy call you off, don't you... Pathetic...
We are supposed to be adults at ups and handle things like adults but it doesnt always work that way.My first instinct to handle something like this is wait till later when nobody else is around and nobody can hear get real close to the guy and tell him if he ever talks to me like that again ill beat his ass,but thats not right you should handle problems through the proper channels so you dont lose your job.How do you speak to people outside ups socks,i bet its not the way you do at work ,no one should speak to anyone at work any different than they do outside in the real world because in the real world there are consequences for what you say like lets say you yell at someone in walmart and get in their face ,you might get your ass kicked so you probably wouldnt do that.Now if this guy had threatned or pushed this sup no dought he would be fired and you would say how he should have handled it better so which is it dude.

Returntosender

We are supposed to be adults at ups and handle things like adults but it doesnt always work that way.My first instinct to handle something like this is wait till later when nobody else is around and nobody can hear get real close to the guy and tell him if he ever talks to me like that again ill beat his ass,but thats not right you should handle problems through the proper channels so you dont lose your job.How do you speak to people outside ups socks,i bet its not the way you do at work ,no one should speak to anyone at work any different than they do outside in the real world because in the real world there are consequences for what you say like lets say you yell at someone in walmart and get in their face ,you might get your ass kicked so you probably wouldnt do that.Now if this guy had threatned or pushed this sup no dought he would be fired and you would say how he should have handled it better so which is it dude.

First of all I handle the situation well. I went to the union steaward and informed me that this supervisor got direcetly in my face speaking loudly no misssorts. The other worker he talked to before me he did not do that. So why did i deservse that type of treatment.

Secondly me and this supervisor don't get along. A month ago I was in the driver confrence room off the clock along with other employees. Sup walks in asks me to sign paperwork saying I had missorts, those missorts were dated a 3 months ago. I told the sup I'm not signing a paper saying I misssorted packages 3 months ago. If I missorted 3 months you should had the paper work three months ago not three months later. Supvisor got frustrated and said just sign the paper, i continued to say no. Sup got pissed got in my face and said sign it. As that moment I felt he attempting to humiloate me in front of the other workers. I told that sup we can take this outside of the confrence room. The sup thought I was threating him, had a investagtaion with Union and company. I told the company no i did'nt threaten the sup. If the sup was going to belittle me, do it in private, not infront of the other workers. Ever since that incident it's been a roller coaster ride at work.

Now in my eyes the sup tried to bait me into saying or doing something stupid by getting in my face.

UPSSOCKS

Great response.... Your age has been revealed, and my first reply to one of your post has been accurate. I am sorry if I offeneded you. Maybe I went to far. It will be ok. In a few years you will be able to drink legally. Once that happens I find that Vodka makes all my problems go away. In the mean time, you are a tattle tell... Go suck your thumb..... Tattle tell...

22.34life

First of all I handle the situation well. I went to the union steaward and informed me that this supervisor got direcetly in my face speaking loudly no misssorts. The other worker he talked to before me he did not do that. So why did i deservse that type of treatment.

Secondly me and this supervisor don't get along. A month ago I was in the driver confrence room off the clock along with other employees. Sup walks in asks me to sign paperwork saying I had missorts, those missorts were dated a 3 months ago. I told the sup I'm not signing a paper saying I misssorted packages 3 months ago. If I missorted 3 months you should had the paper work three months ago not three months later. Supvisor got frustrated and said just sign the paper, i continued to say no. Sup got pissed got in my face and said sign it. As that moment I felt he attempting to humiloate me in front of the other workers. I told that sup we can take this outside of the confrence room. The sup thought I was threating him, had a investagtaion with Union and company. I told the company no i did'nt threaten the sup. If the sup was going to belittle me, do it in private, not infront of the other workers. Ever since that incident it's been a roller coaster ride at work.

Now in my eyes the sup tried to bait me into saying or doing something stupid by getting in my face.

I think you are missunderstanding my post i am not saying you handled it bad my post was directed towards upssocks not you,he was making fun of you in way to me because you did not get into a confrontaion with the guy when he knows it could lead to you getting fired.IF this is a p/t sup i would not even acknowledge his excistence if he talk to me with disrespect he has no power and no pull at ups and will probably be gone in a year.

UPSSOCKS

That response has the best ipp I've ever seen.

(insults per post):happy-very:

Yeah but they weren't very insulting. It was boring to read. Could of done alot better. I have a kid that lives down the road, he has some mental issues. Sometimes when I am working in my yard he screams obscenities at me, that's what his response felt like.

UPSSOCKS

Tattle Tell

Returntosender

Tattle Tell, I have a kid that lives down the road, he has some mental issues. Sometimes when I am working in my yard he screams obscenities at me, that's what his response felt like.

You're right I can't legally purchase alcohol. In 14 months I will.

SOCKS something is wrong you. Here's are a few examples. UPSSOCKS wrote "Sups are inexpensive and very crucial to the company. Part Time sups make the world go round. They run the buisness. You can't teach them to grow. Some just have it, and some don't. The ones that do will go far without much guidance. No one helped me I fought and clawed to get where I am at." But when I fight and claw back I'm a tattle tell. What the F87K is wrong with you? You think you are the only one entitled to fight and claw to get ahead in life.

The kid down the road yells obscenities at you when you're in your yard. I would'nt fault the kid you're nuts. I have come to that conclusion after reading a few of your posts on here. The Brown up day post. "Tomorrow is Friday, and in my hub it's Brown Up Day. The goal is to do as much union work as possible without getting caught" You manipulate numbers just to reach your goal. I sure all the sups and managers do it. What makes you different is you are so arrogant you tell everyone your plan the day before you execute it. Did you ever think the kid down the road yells obscenities at you cause you're nuts. For some reason I think you had a "Touch myself in front of the kid down the road day without getting caught." That's why the kids yells at you.

In another of your posts TOM " I have this employee that is hardcore union, let's call him Tom. He's the first one to ask who is watching the sups work and if he catches someone working he is sure to let everyone know. He is also the guy that says, "Hey Jimmy I would file on that." He annoys me and I have my crew of 19 year olds give him a hard to time because, honestly I just don't like him" You send your part time sups to harass a worker you don't like. Whats wrong with you, undescended testicles? I may not be able to purchase alcohol legally. But your action is this post are that of a coward. I equate you as the Osma Bin Laden of UPS management you send your part times sups to do your dirty work, while you hide in the office. Then you go home and write about on BC. Kind of like how Osma posts his videos after some kind of event.

Then you have you're 2010 press release. http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/my-2010-press-release-297364/ Which is totally unlike anything you ever did post.

Judging from your reading some of your post's. I'm pretty sure you have somekind of mental disorder.