Supervisors want to Bully me for filing a grievance

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by SquirrelBoggie, Sep 10, 2015.

1. I filed a grievance on our PT supervisor for doing bargaining unit work a while ago and just yesterday as I was setting up the area our FT supervisor came to talk to me about the grievance. He kept saying things like, "you sure you want to go through with this?", "i mean lately you work haven't been the greatest, we'll just have to bring up your history at the hearing" and blah, blah, a bunch of intimidation tactics to get me to not file a grievance. My question is can I also file a harassment grievance on the FT sup for use of bully tactics?
  2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Yes. A witness would help.
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Did you expect them to thank you?
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Derail x 1
    • List
  4. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

"you do what you and i'll do what I have to do. the way I look at it is that you are stealing from my family."
  5. Call his wife and tell her you saw him in another woman's car doing something. This tactic always work .
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. tacken

tacken Active Member

What?????? Put the pipe down
  7. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Yes file on the harrassment
  8. Hahahahahaha, nah but I expect them to not to follow up on bully patrol
  9. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

Call your area NLRB office and file labor charges for "Direct Dealing".

The Labor Board will understand what that is and I guarantee that the company will get off your back.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. 10 point

Once you file a grievance the management is not allowed to talk to you about it without your steward or BA present.

It's against labor law.

File unfair labor charges as I said above. The company knows better than that and they deserve the results they get.
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

12. 10 point

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

Id file harassment and then continue to also file for every time you see management doing bargaining unit work.
  14. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

I would seriously double down on ALL grievances, i;d file so many they'd need to cut down part of a forest for more paper!

I take it you are a part time employee so as long as you come to work every day,on time and dont steal you have a job for life.
    they will try and intimidate you but it's all BS, dont let them rattle you
  15. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Not only should you file a harassment grievance, you need to call Corporate to file a complaint against this sup.

I do believe that intimidation is clearly spelled out in the Code of Business Conduct.

If you call Atlanta, you will never have to worry about this sup again.
  16. 10 point

That's not our experience with the 800 Hotline for ethics.

We had a supe that harrsssed and threatened (physically and verbally) employees for YEARS.

The corp number was called many times and they'd move him around for a short time but he always came back to our building eventually.

The local union did nothing legally to help us.
    He retired last year.
    What a joke.

In our experience we say Screw the hotline.
    File charges.
  17. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

That "ethics hotline" is nothing more than an avenue for the company to get ahead of any perceived liabilty.
    In my experience, unless it's something especially heinous, the "investigation" is usually kicked back to the division level HR/LP Dept for prompt coverup.
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. So last night during our shift, the FT sup pulled me aside to ask me about, or my like inquire about my harassment file. I told him "Everything is in the grievance, and we'll discuss this at the hearing", he go goes on about how he wasn't trying to bully me or coerce me to not file, and that he's concerned with my attitude lately. I told him, "when you get fired for no reason at all, it changes the way you feel about the company", he had nothing to say and left our area
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

I've actually heard a labor manager state that the Ethical Complaint hotline is simply piped back through local HR, so everything you posted was on the money.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

just be professional about it. "It's not personal Sonny. just business."