Supes doing observations in Rental Cars

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
....... Uniforms aren't cheap. I read about several gripes concerning a uniform. Yes-ur browns might be shredded, you need new ones. However, for every one of you-there are 10 people who just want new uniforms. Do that across the US. Try to put a dollar figure on it. .

If the cost of providing uniforms is so unreasonable, then the solution is simple; dont require us to wear them.

Otherwise, quit sniveling. You signed a contract, and that contract calls for you to provide suitable uniforms to your employees. Its not rocket science.

As long as you guys can justify paying supervisors to follow us around in rental cars all day in order to generate a weekly quota of observations and warning letters, I'm not really interested in hearing any whining about "how tough" things supposedly are.

While you are "busy" shuffling thru your never-ending pile of reports, I'm out there in the real world, busting my ass for 10-11 hours a day in order to generate the revenue that allows your bloated, top-heavy management force to continue gorging at the company trough.

We cut 1800 units of managerial dead weight last year. If your supervisors still have nothing better to do with their time than to follow us around, then we obviously have a lot more dead weight to get rid of.

bigblu 2 you

If the cost of providing uniforms is so unreasonable, then the solution is simple; dont require us to wear them.

Otherwise, quit sniveling. You signed a contract, and that contract calls for you to provide suitable uniforms to your employees. Its not rocket science.

As long as you guys can justify paying supervisors to follow us around in rental cars all day in order to generate a weekly quota of observations and warning letters, I'm not really interested in hearing any whining about "how tough" things supposedly are.

While you are "busy" shuffling thru your never-ending pile of reports, I'm out there in the real world, busting my ass for 10-11 hours a day in order to generate the revenue that allows your bloated, top-heavy management force to continue gorging at the company trough.

We cut 1800 units of managerial dead weight last year. If your supervisors still have nothing better to do with their time than to follow us around, then we obviously have a lot more dead weight to get rid of.
touche"

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Reading these posts makes me laugh and dumbfounds me on Corporate's philosophy. For example, I get questioned and a report is produced every day for nickel and dime things while management pees away 10 driver's nickel and dime transgressions in 2 hours by burning 50 miles of UPS fuel without producing 1 cent in revenue.

Day in and day out I hear about my idle time being 2 minutes over its "baseline", or I get talked to because I went 1.5 miles off route (need to find a warm place to spend an hour because I can't idle the truck) for lunch. Despite my "wastefullness", I'm being the most productive laborer in the industry as are all drivers. Our efficiency is what makes the company profitable and not some college drop-out supervisor following us around in a rental car!

What does he bring to the table? I'll tell you what he brings. He brings an enormous cost that must be made up by the driver's SUPER productivity.The rental car and the 50 miles a day to spy on drivers is good for business? How?

I'll even take the side that if you catch a driver doing something unsafe it might save money if it could prevent an injury. Problem is bad habits die hard and its unlikely that the guilty driver will change his habits once the manager is gone despite being written up.

How can you bust my chops for driving .5 miles more than I should when we have 3 sups. per center driving rental cars and buring 15 gallons of fuel each per week? All this without bringing a dime! At least we are delivering the goods that make the company money. I don't get it...

1+......the thing about it is these drivers are more than likely working unsafe to try to hit a certain number for mgt and don't want to hear the harassment in the morning.....same thing why so many drivers never wore seatbelts or closed the bulkhead door...being pressured makes you not think straight

Prickle

The rental car could be from the mgt person traveling back and forth to his or hers center, due to the fact, renting cars is much cheaper than a relocation. As far as being pumped up about being stealthy,they are probably pumped up about one less thing that mgt person is going to get ragged about from their bosses.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Here's an idea to save some money. UPS could contract out to some clown in each community to do an observation on his local driver. Pay the guy $25 once every 2 weeks to follow the driver for an hour or just watch him out his front window. He could mail the result of this important audit in after each observation. This could serve 1 of 2 functions. Eliminate about $100K in pay and benefits per center or open up a Supe to concentrate on something meaningful.

Attempted Murder Charges for Trucker "Spy"
A Chickamauga man whose job is to "spy" on truck drivers, is now accused of trying to kill one. It happened in June, and the case is finally making it's way through the Hamilton County court system.