Surepost Shortcut

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Been meaning to post this for a little while. Some drivers I know who have a post office on their routes have casually mentioned “dumping surepost” on heavy days aka going through the truck at the post office and delivering all surepost packages to the PO even if they are in the EDD as a normal delivery. Has anybody else heard of this? I wouldn’t do this kind of thing unless instructed by a supe...actually I didn’t even want to ask the supes about it in case they started asking questions about who was doing this.

Est.1998

Been meaning to post this for a little while. Some drivers I know who have a post office on their routes have casually mentioned “dumping surepost” on heavy days aka going through the truck at the post office and delivering all surepost packages to the PO even if they are in the EDD as a normal delivery. Has anybody else heard of this? I wouldn’t do this kind of thing unless instructed by a supe...actually I didn’t even want to ask the supes about it in case they started asking questions about who was doing this.
I can't see myself going through my entire load searching for surepost pkgs to leave at the post office.

DeCurtis

I take it case by case. If it's a New Guy then I'll talk to him. If it's some cocky-ass Major League Wannabe runner I'll let him find out for himself.

I sympathize more with the kissasses than the Major League Wannabes, fwiw. At least the kissasses want to please their bosses which, on its own, is commendable.

Est.1998

Every member deserves a heads up. Management kiss ass or not. It's part of being a union.
A heads up on something like this?
Doing this hasn't even crossed my mind.
I'd rather do left at and leave it at the post office than whatever this is.
Surepost pkgs aren't even hard to deliver.
Wish i could leave the hello fresh and furniture at the post office lol.

542thruNthru

A heads up on something like this?
Doing this hasn't even crossed my mind.
I'd rather do left at and leave it at the post office than whatever this is.
Surepost pkgs aren't even hard to deliver.
Wish i could leave the hello fresh and furniture at the post office lol.
Looking out for each other is what the union is supposed to be about. You don't like someone for being a run/wannabe management that's fine but not giving him a heads up makes you a management helper also.

The guy will probably ignore you anyways but it's not hard to say. "I wouldn't do that man. Management finds out or a customer calls in a corporate complaint it could be your job." After that it is what it is.

Est.1998

Looking out for each other is what the union is supposed to be about. You don't like someone for being a run/wannabe management that's fine but not giving him a heads up makes you a management helper also.

The guy will probably ignore you anyways but it's not hard to say. "I wouldn't do that man. Management finds out or a customer calls in a corporate complaint it could be your job." After that it is what it is.
You've convinced me.
If i ever see a union brother/sister doing some crazy ish like this I'll pull them to the side and say: "hey, maybe you shouldn't be doing that".
After the laughs in my face and telling me it'll be fine, i can feel good knowing that at least i warned him/her.
:-)✊

ManInBrown

What? What a dumb idea. So more routes can be cut? Amazing. The current generation and future generation of package car drivers, are going to drive this job right into the ground.

Est.1998

Makes sense... if you're a sociopath. Ever considered going into management?
Once upon a time, i received a letter of interest into management...

1621199692072.gif