Suspension issues

Blue4554

Hello so I've been a loader for 3 almost 4 years and in that time I have had now 6 injuries, 3 of them are 100% not my fault and the other 3 I do know that I am at some fault for why they happened.
So when I got injured in March the new loader boss wrote me up for what happened, and then the week after when I was back at 100% in April he wrote me up for safety due to the area I work in being a point for boxes to fall off the belt and I wasn't actively picking the boxes off as they fell off cause I was loading my trucks.
So now I injured my knee at work on Thursday and my boss is now miss rembering what he wrote me up for in April and saying that I am making a pattern of safety issues and that I will be suspended this time. Now I am obviously foing to file a grevence over the issue but also I wanted to know if anyone knows if he is allowed to do this or do I have to find some way to get the warning from last time?
I'm just at a loss of what to do and why he is doing this where it feels like im being singled out and why he tells me I can tell them that we have a safety issue with lack of egress and stop the belt to fix that and then when I do that yelling at us about why the belt keeps turning off.

PT Car Washer

Hello so I've been a loader for 3 almost 4 years and in that time I have had now 6 injuries, 3 of them are 100% not my fault and the other 3 I do know that I am at some fault for why they happened.
So when I got injured in March the new loader boss wrote me up for what happened, and then the week after when I was back at 100% in April he wrote me up for safety due to the area I work in being a point for boxes to fall off the belt and I wasn't actively picking the boxes off as they fell off cause I was loading my trucks.
So now I injured my knee at work on Thursday and my boss is now miss rembering what he wrote me up for in April and saying that I am making a pattern of safety issues and that I will be suspended this time. Now I am obviously foing to file a grevence over the issue but also I wanted to know if anyone knows if he is allowed to do this or do I have to find some way to get the warning from last time?
I'm just at a loss of what to do and why he is doing this where it feels like im being singled out and why he tells me I can tell them that we have a safety issue with lack of egress and stop the belt to fix that and then when I do that yelling at us about why the belt keeps turning off.
Your boss is getting heat for all of your injuries and is hoping you will quit. File a grievance for the suspension and quit getting hurt.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Ask to be transferred because you it's unsafe and transfer to small sort

Blue4554

Ok update He wants to uphold the suspension after i filed the grievance so my union rep said he was going to talk higher about what they want to do.
The lawyer said that because he filed for a safety violation he is able to get around the fact that im not supposed to be suspended me while I'm on medical work restrictions (even when he technicallyfiled the suspension paperwork the day of my injurywith no follow up or looking into the situation). I am going to see if the new hire was warned as well since he would have also violated safety if he want to keep it that way.
My other bosses right below him are trying to see what I need to do with HR over this but no one knows why he is doing this nor agrees with him over this and I just don't know whats going to happen going forward.

Blue4554

I’am afraid boss is right
Really?
Because no one else has that same option at my work and none of the other supervisors has said I've been unsafe.
In 2018 I would have agreed with that assessment with 3 injuries in 5 months, but since then I have not and been working to not be unsafe. He is the only one who has complained about me being unsafe and what he wrote me up for in April is an issue that I can't be at fault for and still happens even when I am not there because of the bad design of the add-on to the building which is where I work.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Really?
Because no one else has that same option at my work and none of the other supervisors has said I've been unsafe.
In 2018 I would have agreed with that assessment with 3 injuries in 5 months, but since then I have not and been working to not be unsafe. He is the only one who has complained about me being unsafe and what he wrote me up for in April is an issue that I can't be at fault for and still happens even when I am not there because of the bad design of the add-on to the building which is where I work.

Yes, really

Box Ox

I've been a loader for 3 almost 4 years and in that time I have had now 6 injuries, 3 of them are 100% not my fault and the other 3 I do know that I am at some fault for why they happened.

If you're getting hurt that much the problem is you.

he tells me I can tell them that we have a safety issue with lack of egress and stop the belt to fix that and then when I do that yelling at us about why the belt keeps turning off.

That's 100% true. The supervisor will yell down the belt but you know what? :censored2: 'em. You either let your safety be compromised or you don't. It's your choice. Dare your supervisors to fight you on maintaining a safe workspace if they want to. Promise they won't if they know what's good for them. Been there and done that for years on the belt.

Blue4554

If you're getting hurt that much the problem is you.

That's 100% true. The supervisor will yell down the belt but you know what? * 'em. You either let your safety be compromised or you don't. It's your choice. Dare your supervisors to fight you on maintaining a safe workspace if they want to. Promise they won't if they know what's good for them. Been there and done that for years on the belt.
Yah its not. I will take some blame but just going by the number of injuries tells you nothing but yah I'm at fault for other people and the actions they take... sure.
And yes I agree with the work space and my normal supervisor is really good and understanding, 2 of the new ones just got into a fight over that while I've been on office work and the same issue happened again and I know my co workers where fighting them over that.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Written on the wall when I first started was " Welcome to the work hard and get screwed club ".
The company was always painting over this, but someone kept putting it up.
NO matter who is at fault, once the company says it's you, you're cooked.

I have found out that the workers who act crazy ( like singing out loud all the time ) are usually left alone.
Most sups will give up and just move on to the next person that they can bully.

quad decade guy

What is your goal? A career? IMHO you'll never make it. Folks like you face a lifetime of misery. UPS is a tough physical job. You have already accrued a lifetime of injuries. You will ALWAYS be a problem. Just a fact. Try computers.

You should be suspended for not using commas.

Have you met @11.19igrad yet? You two should get together, it's not his fault either.