Swing Pay VS Reg CRR Pay

throwaway10

Can someone answer this question:

If I'm a swing driver on my paycheck it says something like:
BASE pay $XX.XX
Swing pay $XX.XX

If I move to a regular CRR position, will the BASE pay be my CRR pay?

snowcat66

depends on how long you have been a swing. the longer in that position the bigger the pay decrease. it's like punishment for wanting a normal life. I'm at top pay for swing. if I took a reg route I would drop over 2 bucks an hour!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
depends on how long you have been a swing. the longer in that position the bigger the pay decrease. it's like punishment for wanting a normal life. I'm at top pay for swing. if I took a reg route I would drop over 2 bucks an hour!

There is a maximum percentage they can take away from you, per policy. Can't remember whether it's 3% or 6%.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If you move from swing to regular driver, they'll deduct the difference quicker than lightning even though management will sometimes keep you working in the swing position for weeks afterwards.

Express Courier

BASE pay $XX.XX
Swing pay $XX.XX

I'm pretty sure your base pay will decrease. Not sure why they do it that way. They increase your base pay when you become a swing and also add in a small swing pay amount. Makes no sense. Typical FedEx trying to make :censored2: confusing.

Myort

about 7.5 years ago, they added the extra $.30/hr for swings. At the time, they said it was to keep the incentive for people to become swing drivers. Base pay for swings has always been higher.

5yearsleft

I was paid $1 an hour more for swing pay. It took me 6 years to get a regular route, and I couldn't have cared less when I lost that $40 a week! I got my life back & had a lot less stress. It was worth it for me.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

BASE pay $XX.XX
Swing pay $XX.XX

No. There is a rate that swings get, and it's higher than regular courier pay.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There is a maximum percentage they can take away from you, per policy. Can't remember whether it's 3% or 6%.

They use the online job change calculator (keyword: COMPENSATION) that takes info about what you do now and where you do it and what you'll be doing in the new position and where you'll do it and it computes your new pay.

If you aren't changing market levels, what it amounts to is it takes your position in range in the one position and places you in that same position in range in the new position.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They use the online job change calculator (keyword: COMPENSATION) that takes info about what you do now and where you do it and what you'll be doing in the new position and where you'll do it and it computes your new pay.

If you aren't changing market levels, what it amounts to is it takes your position in range in the one position and places you in that same position in range in the new position.

Not necessarily true. There is a maximum they can take away, unless the policy has changed in the last two year. I'll go look it up.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Not necessarily true. There is a maximum they can take away, unless the policy has changed in the last two year. I'll go look it up.

I checked with a manager. The maximum that can be taken in a downbid is 6%, even if that puts you over top of range. For example, in my district a top pay cover makes $29.59. If he stepped down, he would lose $1.78 (6%), bringing him down to $27.81. Top pay for courier is $27.33.

Express Courier

I checked with a manager. The maximum that can be taken in a downbid is 6%, even if that puts you over top of range. For example, in my district a top pay cover makes $29.59. If he stepped down, he would lose $1.78 (6%), bringing him down to $27.81. Top pay for courier is $27.33.
Thanks for that. Also, that $.30 Swing Pay thing. Basically with that factored in as well, would knock that swing down $2.08.

overflowed

I think they originally said it was extra to make more people think about swing driving and more incentive to stay swings. Dano's timeline seems correct, it's been quite a while.