Syria

texan

Patrick made some good points in the above video.

The one, of many points he made, that concerns me is Russia.

He is correct that Russia is involved in this, and is rising up again under Putin.

wkmac

Agreed. I was in the military and have experience with TS information. I was told this when I first got "read in" after obtaining my "above Top Secret" clearance..... "Information that is Top Secret is usually classified as such because simply revealing it could, or definitely would, also reveal the method in which it was obtained. That method could be anything from highly sophisticated technology to a single person that's able to assist in gathering info by whatever means necessary. Letting our enemy find out that we can see that an asset has been moved would also help let them know how we know. They would suspect how someone is watching and find them."

This is exactly why evidence of Saddam Hussein's WMDs was never shared with the general public and most of the military and the civilian arm of DOD.

Yeah and sometimes those top secret plans get out, are exposed to the light of day which give cause why one should step way back to question the narrative being told.

source

You actually believe this crap? This one idiots opinion based upon nothing?

As opposed to the crap and idiots who run this country? Keep going TOS as before long you'll come to agree with the Bush rational for invading Iraq. You're basically there now. Another reason this all has a bad smell too it.

There's reason to believe Obama is doing the same thing, all for the same agenda and serving the same benefactors too.

Your reply addressed none of the points made in the piece unless the ad hominems count. Telling me Kerry has evidence I can't see is not evidence, it's argumentum ad verecundiam and then I'm to accept an authority that is a known liar. How is hard evidence of a chemical attack that top secret? Why is everything now always Top Secret? If I'm told I have nothing to fear if I have nothing to hide then why does the same rule not apply to the State itself?

I've said Obama is no different from Bush and this IMO proves it when Obama has you in effect defending the same rational used to invade Iraq. Before this is over, I'd not be surprised you will find cause with your infamous C-9. Give it a week or so of republican spin praising the President's Syrian plan and even Moreluck will post something positive about Obama!

:happy-very:

island1fox

I still believe that we should not be the police man of the world.

I also agree with some of wkmacs points --in particular ---have not seen the evidence--just "do the right thing"

Why would the Syrian Government -gas its own people --when for months has been winning the civil war and taking it to the rebels ?

Why risk brining the U.S. into it ?? Assad had nothing to gain !!

Something is just not right --unless Syria, Iran , China and Putin have a grand plan ---to be enacted -when they see America at its weakest and its Leadership in total disarray. McCain was even caught playing "video poker" during the "very serious" hearing ????:sick:

wkmac

I also agree with some of wkmacs points --in particular ---have not seen the evidence--just "do the right thing"

Why would the Syrian Government -gas its own people --when for months has been winning the civil war and taking it to the rebels ?

Something is just not right --unless Syria, Iran , China and Putin have a grand plan ---to be enacted -when they see America at its weakest and its Leadership in total disarray. McCain was even caught playing "video poker" during the "very serious" hearing ????:sick:

Assad is no sweetheart not unlike Saddam Hussein. This just has a "rush to judgement" not unlike our rush in Iraq and we're still paying the tab on that bill and will be for generations. McCain and even Graham want this because Raytheon, our Tomahawk makers, are a big deal in Arizona and have a nice presence in North Charleston SC as well. Follow the money as they say.

The people of Syria have no love for Assad but then their opposite choice appears at the moment is one we are supplying in jihadists and they know this isn't good either. We need to stop our meddling which escalates the problem for starters and then push back from the table and let things take a natural course. Let Syrians decide Syria's future and at least taking our own past practice to account, for we taxpayers, I'm betting whatever they choose to do it will be a whole lot cheaper for us.

And less cost and debt I'm betting is a point we both agree on!

Overpaid Union Thug

Agreed. I was in the military and have experience with TS information. I was told this when I first got "read in" after obtaining my "above Top Secret" clearance..... "Information that is Top Secret is usually classified as such because simply revealing it could, or definitely would, also reveal the method in which it was obtained. That method could be anything from highly sophisticated technology to a single person that's able to assist in gathering info by whatever means necessary. Letting our enemy find out that we can see that an asset has been moved would also help let them know how we know. They would suspect how someone is watching and find them."

This is exactly why evidence of Saddam Hussein's WMDs was never shared with the general public and most of the military and the civilian arm of DOD.

Yeah and sometimes those top secret plans get out, are exposed to the light of day which give cause why one should step way back to question the narrative being told.

source

You actually believe this crap? This one idiots opinion based upon nothing?

As opposed to the crap and idiots who run this country? Keep going TOS as before long you'll come to agree with the Bush rational for invading Iraq. You're basically there now. Another reason this all has a bad smell too it.

There's reason to believe Obama is doing the same thing, all for the same agenda and serving the same benefactors too.

Your reply addressed none of the points made in the piece unless the ad hominems count. Telling me Kerry has evidence I can't see is not evidence, it's argumentum ad verecundiam and then I'm to accept an authority that is a known liar. How is hard evidence of a chemical attack that top secret? Why is everything now always Top Secret? If I'm told I have nothing to fear if I have nothing to hide then why does the same rule not apply to the State itself?

I've said Obama is no different from Bush and this IMO proves it when Obama has you in effect defending the same rational used to invade Iraq. Before this is over, I'd not be surprised you will find cause with your infamous C-9. Give it a week or so of republican spin praising the President's Syrian plan and even Moreluck will post something positive about Obama!

:happy-very:

I said nothing about Top Secret plans. I was only speaking of sensitive Top Secret means of gathering Intel. There is a huge difference between the two. You do make a valid point though. But be careful when using leaked cables as a source. Most of those aren't even Top Secret. Let alone Top Secret SCI. Hence the ease in which they were obtained so easily. And some are fabrications. That's what I always look at anything that comes from Infowars or was sent to them with extra caution and skepticism.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Oh oh, somebodys been listening to RUSH LIMBAUGH again and then repeating what he heard for three hours..

geez man, get a brain of your own.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
ITs McCain and Graham that want a LARGER escalation of military might as well as a strike on IRAN.

This is the talk of the right wing nuts who are saying OBAMA isnt going far enough. Of course its about money and the defense industry, who else wants a war other than those guys and the GOP representatives in those districts?

Peace

TOS

wkmac

McCain and even Graham want this because Raytheon, our Tomahawk makers, are a big deal in Arizona and have a nice presence in North Charleston SC as well. Follow the money as they say.

Fresh off the wire: CHA-CHING!

Check those wallets American Taxpayers, the welfare queens are robbing us again!

Continuing: Interesting timeline 2010' to present as it pertains to Syria.

wkmac

If we are going to bomb Syria because they killed children with poison gas, what should we do to Washington DC as they've killed 178 kids with drones?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If we are going to bomb Syria because they killed children with poison gas, what should we do to Washington DC as they've killed 178 kids with drones?
Invest in Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Gumman, General Atomics, and General Dynamics. These companies are the only ones who are gonna benefit from this whole charade.
Don't worry they'll be no troops on the ground....unless you're a civilian in Syria with bombs raining death from the sky.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Too much coffee today?

First, chemical weapons are violations of the geneva conventions and international law. Second, There are no such prohibitions on drone strikes at either the geneva convention agreements OR International law.

This difference makes your question moot.

Peace

TOS

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
The same interests we had after WWII. At the end, the U.S. had 50% of the world's total manufacturing capacity, 66% of the world's gold reserves and had supplied the Soviet Union, who suffered 22 million dead, with trucks, fuel, arms, and enough ammo to kill every human on the earth at least 6 times. (The U.S. lost 416,877 military and 68 civilian dead)

The U.S. stepped in with the Marshall plan to rebuild Europe and set about rebuilding Japan and most of the other Pacific Islands.

So many people refuse to realize that on Dec 7th, 1941, when our economy was totally mobilized for the war effort, and isolationists proved how dangerous trying not be involved could be; there would never, never, ever be any going back.
Can anyone please explain what is the end game in this conflict ?
Honestly just what are the USA's interests ?

oldngray

nowhere special
Apparently Obama wants to support the rebels and al Qaeda (evil and insane) against Assad (evil but sane) to cover his own backside about his red line statement (which he now claims he never said). Despite the cuts to defense lets just lob over some Tomahawks at $500k each to achieve nothing other than piss off everyone else in the world.