Syria

rickyb

Glenn Greenwald‏Verified account @ggreenwald 7h7 hours ago

Glenn Greenwald Retweeted Michael Isikoff

Any US military action in Syria - especially a Trump-led one - will involve lots and lots of "bombing innocent people." Already doing that.

Glenn Greenwald added,

Michael IsikoffVerified account @Isikoff
If Trump bombs Syria, sounds like Clinton will back him up. "We should take out his airfields and prevent him from bombing innocent people."
44 replies 247 retweets 340 likes

BrownArmy

My bad. I meant " creepy". So what's so creepy about Drumpf's use of propoganda?

Regardless of anyone's persuasion, political or otherwise, it's always 'creepy' (for me at least) to see the media blindly broadcast cold-copy government propaganda videos.

So, yes, it's creepy when it's done during the Trump administration, or the Obama administration, or the Bush administration, etc.

Back to the main point, it's about time we hit that friend in Syria.

We can't depose Assad, and no one in America has the appetite for another useless ground war in another useless country in the middle east, but this is what Obama should have done back in the day.

MAKAVELI

Regardless of anyone's persuasion, political or otherwise, it's always 'creepy' (for me at least) to see the media blindly broadcast cold-copy government propaganda videos.

So, yes, it's creepy when it's done during the Trump administration, or the Obama administration, or the Bush administration, etc.

Back to the main point, it's about time we hit that friend in Syria.

We can't depose Assad, and no one in America has the appetite for another useless ground war in another useless country in the middle east, but this is what Obama should have done back in the day.
I believe he would have if Iraq and Afghanistan weren't the main concern at the time. Let's see if you feel the same if this ends up being Iraq 2.0.

BrownArmy

I believe he would have if Iraq and Afghanistan weren't the main concern at the time. Let's see if you feel the same if this ends up being Iraq 2.0.

Lulz.

We're still in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail, i.e., since Trump said he would hire the 'best' people bla bla bla, and since his entire cabinet is generals and billionaires, hopefully he'll listen to the generals when they say 'no more ground troops'.

Who knows though, he is the Commander-In-Chief.

By all reports, he has about a seven-minute attention span, meaning he'll parrot whoever talked to him last.

Lord help us all.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
w9ekpi.jpg

wkmac

Every time I see the US begin the takedown process of another Middle Eastern State, I always remember this speech by General Wesley Clark.

MAKAVELI

Lulz.

We're still in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail, i.e., since Trump said he would hire the 'best' people bla bla bla, and since his entire cabinet is generals and billionaires, hopefully he'll listen to the generals when they say 'no more ground troops'.

Who knows though, he is the Commander-In-Chief.

By all reports, he has about a seven-minute attention span, meaning he'll parrot whoever talked to him last.

Lord help us all.
Or who knows, this could be a planned distraction of the Russia investigation.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I like what Pres. Trump did....with his military advisors. It was a scalpel-like attack and sent a strong message. It wasn't a "blast the hell out of them" move.

The one thought I had.....It seems Russia was warned of the attack 30 mins. ahead of time so they could get any Russians out of the area. Didn't the Russians who cleared the area tell anyone there to leave too?

wkmac

An article from Jan. 2013' in the UK's Mail Online that was later deleted with no explanation causes me to step back and watch what develops from this alleged Sarin Gas attack that is blamed on Assad.

U.S. 'backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad's regime'

As to the deletion of the article, there are many reasons it could have been deleted, reasons that were justified but at the same time I still wonder is a long ago quote from someone who understands the use of gov't lies and deceptions a fact in any and all of this too.

"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State."
- Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels

The tragic irony that Sarin gas was created in 1938' by the German company IG Farben.

Assad could well have done this but there are equal motives on the part of others to make it look like Assad did this too. Turkey seems to me was the first to make the Sarin gas claim and their hands are quite dirty in all of this.

There is real cause IMO to remain very skeptical of all sides and then see where this goes over time.