Taken out of service.....

If you scan a package, put it in prerecord, then go back into prerecord and do a left at without pulling the stop out of prerecord, then it will retain the original time stamp. The best thing to do is not move the car. If you have to, CLO 1, then resheet the package(s) after you drive to wherever you need to go to get the signature. That's the best way to CYA.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
Hitting closed 1,away from the delivery point. Will set off another flag.

Rainman

Its all good.
so much technology, whatever happened to 50 liners and carbon paper..believe it or not we could meet up and have breakfast before our first stops back in the 80's
I have an old Clarksville clipboard in my locker with all the examples of how to record everything. Those were good times.

O

OLDMAN3

If you scan a package, put it in prerecord, then go back into prerecord and do a left at without pulling the stop out of prerecord, then it will retain the original time stamp. The best thing to do is not move the car. If you have to, CLO 1, then resheet the package(s) after you drive to wherever you need to go to get the signature. That's the best way to CYA.

The best way to CYA is to not try to fool the system. They will figure out this "trick" and someone will be the test case for discipline.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Sheeting a business as CLO 1 when they are not closed will get you fired also. Do not do this.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And don't forget you had to write the delivery time in remarks for a NDA. I think most drivers had watches that ran a bit slow.
We only had six digit shipper numbers to write and possibly a 2 digit date, or weight, for the ID. Most times it was just "N"

When the first DIADs came out and they started using the 19 digit barcode, it sucked when the DIAD went down and we had to go on paper. Writing a 19 digit number for every package gave me the finger cramps.

We only had six digit shipper numbers to write and possibly a 2 digit date, or weight, for the ID. Most times it was just "N"

When the first DIADs came out and they started using the 19 digit barcode, it sucked when the DIAD went down and we had to go on paper. Writing a 19 digit number for every package gave me the finger cramps.
I cracked,quite a few of those screens. DIAD 1,wasnt very durable......oops

Rainman

Its all good.
Sheeting a business as CLO 1 when they are not closed will get you fired also. Do not do this.
If there is no one at the specific location you are leaving the package, that is a legitimate closed. If you are driving to where you can get a signature and you do a dup stop, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. It's not your fault that the consignee is not where the delivery point is. Since the packages were left at a location specified by the consignee, then this is a legitimate action.

Rainman

Its all good.
I cracked,quite a few of those screens. DIAD 1,wasnt very durable......oops
But they bounced good. I remember carrying a stack of packages with a DIAD 1 laying on top. It fell from about 7 feet in the air. It bounced probably 4 feet high when it hit. The problem was, it didn't work after that. Oh well.

But they bounced good. I remember carrying a stack of packages with a DIAD 1 laying it on top. It fell from about 7 feet in the air. It bounced probably 4 feet high when it hit. The problem was, it didn't work after that. Oh well.

One of my co workers,dropped his DIAD. It went onto the street and got run over by a bus. It was ...U...shaped,after that. and no,It didnt work anymore.

O

OLDMAN3

Fell forward flat on my face...Diad 1 bounces off a step in front of me, and nails me in the forehead. Yeah, they bounced well.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I was taken out of service for first time in my career and have been with the company for over 20 years. It is an obvious retaliation for my duties as shop steward in the year 2013. I was taken out of service for (RDR) Record Drive Record. I have been out of service for 8 days now with no end in sight. I have also been treated differently than another driver that also committed the same infraction (RDR) 2 days earlier in which the driver a received a verbal warning. My record is clean as well as the other driver involved with same infraction. What can I do now? The union is involved of course, but I think I have a case of retaliation and discrimination for being taken out of service for the same thing another driver did and only received a verbal warning!!!! Especially when both of our records are clean. Any insight or help from anyone that has had to deal with this would be grateful. Ive never had to deal with anything like this in my career. Thanks in advance!!!
Should have got a lawyer and then called ups to let them know you have retained a lawyer for wrongful termination and he will be in contact with you soon before we proceed with a wrongful termination lawsuit, speak to you soon, thank you and have a nice day lol. Let them think about it and play the mindgame with them like their trying to play with you.

O

OLDMAN3

Slipped on the ice, feet up in the air, hands shoot up in reaction, and the DIAD is airborne. I land on my back and look up just in time to see the diad falling out of the sky and smashes right into my belly... OUCH. They never asked if I was clumsy in at my interview 30+ years ago.

Sorry about derailing.

Last edited by a moderator:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Slipped on the ice, feet up in the air, hands shoot up in reaction, and the DIAD is airborne. I land on my back and look up just in time to see the diad falling out of the sky and smashes right into my belly... OUCH. They never asked if I was clumsy in at my interview 30+ years ago.

Sorry about derailing.
Come on Quick Draw, you gotta catch that diad on the way down with your paw like a Ninja lmfao.