Talking Doorbells

BrownSnowFlake

Do we have an official policy for [thread title]? Lately I just pretend I can’t hear them. When I would actually engage with them it was almost always a case of the consignee wanting me to leave their booze without a 21+ adult there to sign for it.

Today the doorbell was screaming and swearing as I was walking away. Why is it always the drunkies who think the rules don’t apply to them? Usually these same people would have you buried under the prison if you got caught with some dope.

Personally I think we should stop delivering booze altogether. I’d rather have Chewy back. I used to pay to go to a gym to pick up heavy things and put them back down. When somebody approaches me with slurred speech and alcohol on their breath I just immediately become angry.

Do we have an official policy for [thread title]? Lately I just pretend I can’t hear them. When I would actually engage with them it was almost always a case of the consignee wanting me to leave their booze without a 21+ adult there to sign for it.

Today the doorbell was screaming and swearing as I was walking away. Why is it always the drunkies who think the rules don’t apply to them? Usually these same people would have you buried under the prison if you got caught with some dope.

Personally I think we should stop delivering booze altogether. I’d rather have Chewy back. I used to pay to go to a gym to pick up heavy things and put them back down. When somebody approaches me with slurred speech and alcohol on their breath I just immediately become angry.
I do not use the ring doorbells
I knock on the door because I did not want to have a conversation with people that are not home

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I used to love pretending I didn't hear them on Ring doorbells.

....and you're right, they always wanted me to leave the package.

NOT!!!

DriverNerd

I ring the bell and knock. Fill out the info notice and leave. If they start talking halfway through I communicate that I need a signature and continue filling out the notice. If they try to tell me to leave it I just tell them I can't, I'll try again tomorrow, tell them to have a good day and walk away. Doesn't matter if they keep talking, just leave. There's nothing else to add.

BrownSnowFlake

I ring the bell and knock. Fill out the info notice and leave. If they start talking halfway through I communicate that I need a signature and continue filling out the notice. If they try to tell me to leave it I just tell them I can't, I'll try again tomorrow, tell them to have a good day and walk away. Doesn't matter if they keep talking, just leave. There's nothing else to add.
Part of the problem is that UPS does a piss poor job of explaining the signature policy. They’ve redesigned the InfoNotice twice since Carol took over and it still sucks (but now it has a QR code!)

These people make 10x what I do to sit in an air-conditioned office and they can’t write or communicate at an elementary school level.

oldngray

nowhere special
I would not talk to doorbells.
3e79b.jpg