Talking Doorbells

oldngray

nowhere special
Gotta hand it to ya, that was funny!

(see what I did there?)
High Five.jpg

Hot Carl

I don’t even touch them for signatures. Knock loudly once, service cross, InfoNotice, move on. If they try to talk to me, I pretend not to notice. I typically have my sunglasses on and an earbud in which gives me some plausible deniability, not that I really need it anyway.

“Why can’t you just sign for it and leave it? Richie does it all the time.”

“Gonna pretend I didn’t hear that. Sign please.”

Dewdewbrown

I do not use the ring doorbells
I knock on the door because I did not want to have a conversation with people that are not home
What happened to work smarter not harder? Many times I have talked to them through the bell and one of two things happened. I give them info to meet me later on or are instructed to deliver to neighbor for sig, because most times a sig required is alcohol or something of value that the people want. It doesn't require much effort. Even though with wine I don't carry it to the door unless I know someone is there, its not hard to drive two doors down to Miss Molly's house. But in you guys eyes, there's always tomorrow. 150 stops + 1 =151 stops.

What happened to work smarter not harder? Many times I have talked to them through the bell and one of two things happened. I give them info to meet me later on or are instructed to deliver to neighbor for sig, because most times a sig required is alcohol or something of value that the people want. It doesn't require much effort. Even though with wine I don't carry it to the door unless I know someone is there, its not hard to drive two doors down to Miss Molly's house. But in you guys eyes, there's always tomorrow. 150 stops + 1 =151 stops.
You're not home you're a damn thing I can do to help you out
You know the rules when you order a package

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Do we have an official policy for [thread title]? Lately I just pretend I can’t hear them. When I would actually engage with them it was almost always a case of the consignee wanting me to leave their booze without a 21+ adult there to sign for it.

Today the doorbell was screaming and swearing as I was walking away. Why is it always the drunkies who think the rules don’t apply to them? Usually these same people would have you buried under the prison if you got caught with some dope.

Personally I think we should stop delivering booze altogether. I’d rather have Chewy back. I used to pay to go to a gym to pick up heavy things and put them back down. When somebody approaches me with slurred speech and alcohol on their breath I just immediately become angry.
I do the same thing, totally ignore them. We really have zero idea of who's talking into the camera anyway.

margaritaville

It's so dumb when they say "so and so" signs for it to try to get you to sign. Shows how quickly they will nark to convenience themselves. Like if someone else did you a favor are throwing them under the bus by saying that. Another reason to never sign. And ya i just knock. If you see the stupid light start moving you know you're about to be annoyed.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I don’t press the ring doorbells ever. I don’t knock or ring anymore unless I need a signature. Only times I’ve ever been bitten by dogs are from inconsiderate impatient people who can’t wait for me to leave before opening their door and letting the dog chase me down. I argued with someone over the doorbell once about a 21 and over package and realized how stupid I looked arguing at a closed door and just left with the box and never did it again. I just pretend I can’t hear them. One of the little things I enjoy about the job when I get to do that.