TAW question

Discussion in 'Health and Medical Topics' started by 22.3, Jun 28, 2013.

1. 22.3

22.3 New Member

Does anyone know how long UPS can have you work TAW?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

No more than 30 days.

3. 22.3

22.3 New Member

Thank you upstatenyupser...that is what I thought, but you hear so many different thing's I just wanted to make sure!

4. 22.3

22.3 New Member

UPS reported to Liberty Mutual that my first day of TAW was the 14th of june, but I noticed my paycheck that week had alot of money deducted...I had the OMS do an inquiry and payroll's response was that I was having deductions for TAW starting the 11th, so I guess they were trying to get out of having Liberty Mutual reimburse me for those days and work me for a few more day's!!!

5. jose1962

jose1962 New Member

I was on wc I was told by my sup that taw is 31 days with 9 day extension ..so be sure about this... after I was told wheni got hurt its 30 days

6. undies

undies Active Member

I've seen guys on TAW for 3+ months at my center. They really try to avoid having a lost time injury.

7. Ouch

Ouch Well-Known Member

28 days at my center

8. Rainman

Rainman Its all good.

Supposed to be 30 days. The center gets hit with a one time charge of (I think) $8000 for each lost time injury. TAW charge is a few hundred. If they can extend the TAW it saves the center a lot of money. Like everything else at UPS, its driven by numbers.

9. UpstateNYUPSer

TAW cannot extend beyond 30 days not is the company required to offer it.

10. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Huh?

11. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

It gets extended at my center. They make up the rules depending on who you are.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

Which part confused you?

13. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Read what you wrote out loud.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

Oops----"nor".

15. CaliforniaPaul

CaliforniaPaul Active Member

dumb a**

16. maplegrove girl

maplegrove girl New Member

Really in what center? 29 days is union standards.

17. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

I was approved for 40 days TAW. Somwhere, I have the TAW letter UPS sent me nda.

18. After 30 days, they have to make it a permanent job. Thats why the usually stop at 29 days.

19. Ouch

Ouch Well-Known Member

Hey bud I have a friend they are trying to extend. What article is that after 30 days in? Not being a smarta$$ just wanting to know. I haven't looked it up yet.

20. Honestly Im not sure what article its under.Thats what my BA told me and management told me the same thing.