keeping job at UPS

belljar1

I have a question about being convicted of a felony while working at UPS. If you are a long time employee and you are convicted of a felony involving possession of drugs with intent to distribute, can you still keep your job at UPS. Or will the company find out and take steps to terminate?
Thank you for your reply.

Satuirus2000

It might depend if you are part of an air hub or not. Where I'm at, every five years or so we have to undergo a new background check. They even do digital finger print scans. A felony conviction is going to show up on those. Since air hubs are considered federal property, legally you couldn't work there or be around any kind of postal.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
If you go to prison then yes you will lose your job.
If you don’t go to jail and they don’t find out then no you will keep your job

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I have a question about being convicted of a felony while working at UPS. If you are a long time employee and you are convicted of a felony involving possession of drugs with intent to distribute, can you still keep your job at UPS. Or will the company find out and take steps to terminate?
Thank you for your reply.
I think going to jail and not being able to work keeps you from keeping the job

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We had a guy once that was sentenced to six weeks for a Drunk driving charge.
He used all of his vacation time and served it.
I’d see him picking up garbage on a work crew during the week and I’d always blow the horn and wave 🤣

HarryWarden

As long as the drugs weren’t on company property, you aren’t making deals at work, you’re not getting high before work, and you’re still showing up for work, it’s none of the company’s concern

belljar1

As long as the drugs weren’t on company property, you aren’t making deals at work, you’re not getting high before work, and you’re still showing up for work, it’s none of the company’s concern
so UPS has no problems with keeping employees who are convicted of a felony as long as they can show up for the job? So if they only get probation, they can still remain employed, but what happens if they have to serve 6 months in jail?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The real question is, what is the penalty for a felony conviction involving possession of drugs with intent to distribute? This is some serious stuff. Might differ by state.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
so UPS has no problems with keeping employees who are convicted of a felony as long as they can show up for the job? So if they only get probation, they can still remain employed, but what happens if they have to serve 6 months in jail?
So you think you will get 6 months?

HarryWarden

Well if you’re going to miss significant time of work that’s a different story. But if you can make it to work it won’t be a problem. Contact a lawyer asap like @nWo said and try to get a work release program

The union will provide you with a lawyer. Don’t waste time on this and fight hard to keep your job, I would be calling your BA now and ask him about a laywer if you don’t have one already, and explain your situation to him

Well if you’re going to miss significant time of work that’s a different story. Contact a lawyer asap like @nWo said and try to get a work release program

The union will provide you with a lawyer. Don’t waste time on this and fight hard to keep your job, I would be calling your BA now and ask him about a laywer if you don’t have one already, and explain your situation to him
The union is not going to give you a lawyer