Tax amount on $4800 pension check ?

hardcharger

Thinking of retiring with the $4800 pension amount when I hit 55 next year. Does anyone have any idea how much taxes would be ?

rod

Retired 22 years
Thinking of retiring with the $4800 pension amount when I hit 55 next year. Does anyone have any idea how much taxes would be ?
Are you single?, married, --how many kids?---what kind of deductions? The main question is "have you ever paid taxes before? It don't sound like it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Screenshot_20231207_124739_Chrome.jpg

Plan on around 22 percent Federal.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Are you single?, married, --how many kids?---what kind of deductions? The main question is "have you ever paid taxes before? It don't sound like it.
Shouldn’t the main question be “how many times have you been divorced?”

Jetboat1

Hopefully you will pay taxes till this last contract sinks UPS and cuts your pensions. Slowest peak ever. Keep an eye on profits.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hopefully you will pay taxes till this last contract sinks UPS and cuts your pensions. Slowest peak ever. Keep an eye on profits.
You can thank the company waiting until the last minute to negotiate the Teamster contract. Came to the table multiple times with joke offers that they knew would never be agreed on. Customers had no idea what was going to happen and many jumped ship…can you blame them?? Our feeder dept lost multiple cpu trailer pickups and I’m sure other areas did also. Oh, great job also throwing out there drivers pay and benefits packages…let’s piss off the customers even more knowing ups is raising your rates as we’re “making” 180k a year. They have fired 2500 mgt people this year and more to follow in 2024. Don’t think I would be that worried being a driver or inside employees with more than a year or two here…would definitely not want to be mgt right now. Saw them let go 2 DM’s just in my little sphere of the company along with some mgrs and full time sups.

hardcharger