Tax updates

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Kae3106, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Kae3106

Kae3106 Active Member

The W-2s are on their way! Yippee.

Form 1095-C will be available online on January 29 through UPSers and mailed out shortly thereafter. Originally we were told that you were required to have this form in hand to file your 2015 taxes. However, since it is a new form and employers aren't required to send it out for a couple of months, the IRS will let you file without it.

If you are one of the employees who claims to be completely exempt from federal withholding on your W-4, please remember that you must send in a new form for 2016. It cannot be done online. Please don't be that guy who forgets to renew his form and tries to demand a refund when Payroll begins withholding taxes. All other W-4 settings will carry over from year to year but the IRS requires a new form every single year for those claiming to be exempt.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Thanks for the update, I usually judge when tax forms go out by how many new cars are in the parking lot. Well, that and how many people suddenly want to take 2 weeks worth of no pays.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. jaker

jaker trolling

I just can believe how many people can't wait to file , is it like winning the lottery for them or something

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

And here I am just hoping I don't owe anything. Lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. jaker

jaker trolling

Me too , maybe that's why I don't get mine done until April 14th

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Mine are done---just waiting for the W-2 to make sure it matches the EOY pay stub (it will).

7. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

It's on my list for early March. Lost 2 dependents and tuition deductions this year. Ouch.

8. Brownslave688

I'll get mine to my accountant when I decide to dig through everything and get my stuff together.

9. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

If I owe, it sits until April 14th.
    If I overpaid, it gets sent in real quick!

10. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

This is their peak, so be considerate and don't wait to the last minute. I can just imagine what CPAcafe says.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  11. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

Mine starts calling 1st week of February. I'm collecting paperwork all year it seems.

12. Brownslave688

I got a packet from them a week or two ago. Haven't really went through it. I think it's just a checklist of what to bring.

13. Brownslave688

One of my good friends is a CPA. I hear all about it.

14. Melvino12

Melvino12 New Member

Does this mean the W2's have been sent out? And I live in Ohio, does this apply to me?

15. UpstateNYUPSer

Employers are required to send out W-2's no later than January 31st.

Yes, this applies to you.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  16. Melvino12

Melvino12 New Member

Ok thank you , I'm a bit skeptical because of past experiences, but they have been sent out?

17. UpstateNYUPSer

Kae works in payroll and if he says they are on their way that means that they are on their way.

You can download them (when they are uploaded) from the ADP link on upsers.com. They should be available by the end of the week.

18. Melvino12

Melvino12 New Member

Ok that's good.

19. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

Honestly it doesn't really matter. You can file your taxes in February and if you owe it isn't due till April 15

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Brownslave688

And you know what I'm gonna owe the same no matter what the date is. Might as well pay it now.