Tax updates

Kae3106

The W-2s are on their way! Yippee.

Form 1095-C will be available online on January 29 through UPSers and mailed out shortly thereafter. Originally we were told that you were required to have this form in hand to file your 2015 taxes. However, since it is a new form and employers aren't required to send it out for a couple of months, the IRS will let you file without it.

If you are one of the employees who claims to be completely exempt from federal withholding on your W-4, please remember that you must send in a new form for 2016. It cannot be done online. Please don't be that guy who forgets to renew his form and tries to demand a refund when Payroll begins withholding taxes. All other W-4 settings will carry over from year to year but the IRS requires a new form every single year for those claiming to be exempt.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Thanks for the update, I usually judge when tax forms go out by how many new cars are in the parking lot. Well, that and how many people suddenly want to take 2 weeks worth of no pays.

Melvino12

The W-2s are on their way! Yippee.

Form 1095-C will be available online on January 29 through UPSers and mailed out shortly thereafter. Originally we were told that you were required to have this form in hand to file your 2015 taxes. However, since it is a new form and employers aren't required to send it out for a couple of months, the IRS will let you file without it.

If you are one of the employees who claims to be completely exempt from federal withholding on your W-4, please remember that you must send in a new form for 2016. It cannot be done online. Please don't be that guy who forgets to renew his form and tries to demand a refund when Payroll begins withholding taxes. All other W-4 settings will carry over from year to year but the IRS requires a new form every single year for those claiming to be exempt.
Does this mean the W2's have been sent out? And I live in Ohio, does this apply to me?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ok thank you , I'm a bit skeptical because of past experiences, but they have been sent out?

Kae works in payroll and if he says they are on their way that means that they are on their way.

You can download them (when they are uploaded) from the ADP link on upsers.com. They should be available by the end of the week.