Team Care disability pay

ups clerk

I am going out on surgery and will be out about 2 months. I need to know when to expect my first disability check and would it be retroactive to the first day. I heard they wait 7 days then I will get the first check a week after that. In other words I wouldn't receive a check until the end of the second week. Would the check be retroactive to the first day I am out?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I've been out also for 3 weeks now. But not with team care. We go thru Ulico. Still waiting for UPS to send wages. Hoping for next week. Will probably be the week after.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've been out also for 3 weeks now. But not with team care. We go thru Ulico. Still waiting for UPS to send wages. Hoping for next week. Will probably be the week after.

I called Ulico last week to see what I needed to do ahead of my 1/13 surgery. She told me to call back about a week before and she would take my information over the phone.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I called Ulico last week to see what I needed to do ahead of my 1/13 surgery. She told me to call back about a week before and she would take my information over the phone.

Yes. Did that also. UPS is dragging it's feet. Called Ulico today. They of course blamed UPS. For my wages report for adjusted payments

Ms.PacMan

I am going out on surgery and will be out about 2 months. I need to know when to expect my first disability check and would it be retroactive to the first day. I heard they wait 7 days then I will get the first check a week after that. In other words I wouldn't receive a check until the end of the second week. Would the check be retroactive to the first day I am out?
No, first 8 days are unpaid.

Have you contacted both ups and Teamcare already?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Depends.

If it is surgery for an illness, disability starts on the 8th day.

If it is surgery for an injury, disability starts on the 1st day.

You need to file paperwork, signed by your doctor, with Teamcare before receiving any benefits.

How long that takes, varies. Could be from a week to months.

ups clerk

No, first 8 days are unpaid.

Have you contacted both ups and Teamcare already?
Yes I have.
All paper work is done...inserted info on myself, then had surgeon fill out his info, then had ups fill out their info, then faxed it to team care and HR service center.

browned out

Ms. Pacman, before team care we used to get paid after the first 3 three days retroactively. This is total BS, but what can you do. BTW thanks for the info anyway. :)

If you had a superior benefit to Teamcare prior to Jan 1 2014 then you are entitled to that benefit. See Page 171 Section 4. of the National Master Agreement that states " Short term disability, life insurance and dental benefits will first be provided through Central States Health & Welfare. UPS WILL cover the differential between what CSHW currently provides and what the employee had as a benefit prior to January 1, 2014.

Address this with your steward and direct supervisor. If you can not get it resolved then you may be able to file a grievance.

You should get paid from the 1st day of an injury or the 4th day of an illness in the Central States Region. I don't know what region the OP is in.