Teamsters Applaud Treasury Decision to Deny CSPF Cuts, Protect Retiree Pensions

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Maybe because they didn't give full credit for partial to no contributions? Just a guess

Sounds like Obama. Wanting to give the illegal aliens Social Security even though they didn't pay a dime in contributions and then tell me that I won't see my Social Security benefits because it will be out of money when I want to start collecting.

Brown Spider

Sounds like Obama. Wanting to give the illegal aliens Social Security even though they didn't pay a dime in contributions and then tell me that I won't see my Social Security benefits because it will be out of money when I want to start collecting.

And you're getting this from where? The Trump Tribune? In fact, a foreign national who receives deferred action status may be able to have all of his or her Social Security covered earnings count toward qualifying for a Social Security benefit. To qualify for deferred action status, individuals must, according to the Homeland Security overview:

1) Have come to the United States under the age of 16.

2) Have continuously resided in the United States for at least 5 years and been physically present in the United States at the time of the announcement.

3) Either be currently in school, a graduate of a U.S. high school or a recipient of a Certificate of High School Equivalency, or an honorably discharged veteran of the Armed Forces of the United States.

4) Be younger than 31.

I know...I know...it would be a lot more fun for those of us who came over on the Mayflower if we just took those Social Security contributions away from anyone who has an accent and split them up among ourselves. And who knows...the orange topped buffoon may just do that if he's elected.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I know...I know...it would be a lot more fun for those of us who came over on the Mayflower if we just took those Social Security contributions away from anyone who has an accent and split them up among ourselves. And who knows...the orange topped buffoon may just do that if he's elected.

Did I say that?

If they are here legally following our laws, they have every right to those benefits.

If they are here illegally not following our laws, they have no right to those benefits.

We are $20 Trillion in debt and the government tells the world to come on in, we'll take care of you.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And you're getting this from where? The Trump Tribune? In fact, a foreign national who receives deferred action status may be able to have all of his or her Social Security covered earnings count toward qualifying for a Social Security benefit. To qualify for deferred action status, individuals must, according to the Homeland Security overview:

1) Have come to the United States under the age of 16.

2) Have continuously resided in the United States for at least 5 years and been physically present in the United States at the time of the announcement.

3) Either be currently in school, a graduate of a U.S. high school or a recipient of a Certificate of High School Equivalency, or an honorably discharged veteran of the Armed Forces of the United States.

4) Be younger than 31.

Carrot Top?

Brown Spider

Did I say that?

If they are here legally following our laws, they have every right to those benefits.

If they are here illegally not following our laws, they have no right to those benefits.

We are $20 Trillion in debt and the government tells the world to come on in, we'll take care of you.

"Sounds like Obama. Wanting to give the illegal aliens Social Security even though they didn't pay a dime in contributions".

That's what you said and that's what I took issue with. Their has been no such proposal to provide Social Security benefits to anyone who hasn't contributed to Social Security.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
"Sounds like Obama. Wanting to give the illegal aliens Social Security even though they didn't pay a dime in contributions".

That's what you said and that's what I took issue with. Their has been no such proposal to provide Social Security benefits to anyone who hasn't contributed to Social Security.

You could be right.

Let me correct that. Obama wants to allow the illegal aliens who "borrowed" a deceased persons Social Security number, so that they could work here illegally, to keep those contributions for future benefits in their name, even though they broke our laws.

I guess it is different than collecting Social Security without paying into it.

Brown Spider

You could be right.

Let me correct that. Obama wants to allow the illegal aliens who "borrowed" a deceased persons Social Security number, so that they could work here illegally, to keep those contributions for future benefits in their name, even though they broke our laws.

I guess it is different than collecting Social Security without paying into it.

I think it is different but, our disagreement aside, I hope that steps are taken to make certain that Social Security is not out of money when you want to start collecting. Politicians need to do more than pay lip service to the problem during an election. For too many Americans, Social Security is what they're counting on for retirement. Not a good spot to be in.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I think it is different but, our disagreement aside, I hope that steps are taken to make certain that Social Security is not out of money when you want to start collecting. Politicians need to do more than pay lip service to the problem during an election. For too many Americans, Social Security is what they're counting on for retirement. Not a good spot to be in.

Agreed.

I would not want to be the party in the White House that has to tell all Americans that Social Security is out of money and all payments will be stopped.

That's one reason I think it will not happen. It will be political suicide.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What's up with that hourly rate?

$10.50 per hour worked contributed to the pension fund. I guess they use this figure if someone works less than 8 hours per day.

They may get an hourly credit, instead of a daily or weekly credit if they didn't work 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
$10.50 per hour worked contributed to the pension fund. I guess they use this figure if someone works less than 8 hours per day.

They may get an hourly credit, instead of a daily or weekly credit if they didn't work 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week.
What is the mechanics hourly wage?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
How did I miss these comments ?

I said that if the IAMNPF could have that kind of pension, why couldn't Central States.

Apparently, the IAMNPF knew how to invest money.

The IBT, has no direct control over the investment strategy.

But you knew that.

Right ?

It almost sounds as if you think UPS members are spoiled little brats.

You got it, I don't know why Bug didn't?

Actually I do. Just as you said, he thinks all UPSers are spoiled brats.

He has made it very clear many times , he has no respect for us lazy ungrateful UPS members

He is one of the non-UPSers that think that UPS should pay for everybody.

Wrong.... on every count. :biggrin:

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
How did I miss these comments ?

The IBT, has no direct control over the investment strategy.

But you knew that.

Right ?

You're not very good at reading posts, are you? I never said that the IBT has control over investment strategy.

Let me help you out.

I am grateful to the Union for negotiating our benefits and wages

Thanks Central States. sic for the $3200/mo pension when the IAMNPF gets $9000/mo.

Now, on to your elitist UPS attitude.

Wrong.... on every count.

Really? A five minute search turned these up. Give me 30 minutes and I could fill this whole thread with your quotes.

That is a realistic (and profound) observation.

The general UPS masses, wouldn't understand the point.

Until, they are standing on a street corner.... wondering what happened.

I could go on....

-Bug-

And, its going to be the "UPS Driver".

Making $100K a year.

With a defined Pension plan, and free Medical Insurance.

Typical, entitled Ups attitude.

So sad.

From the minds of people, that had a chance to change things.... years ago.

But, lacked the intestinal fortitude to even vote on their future.

-Bug-

The future of our Country.... and our Union.

Driving a truck is easy, compared to representing thousands of members.

Muscle up.... Teamster. :biggrin:

-Bug-

It's funny you say that.

One complaint about TeamCare is (now) having to go to an Urgent Care instead.

The other good one is;

"we have to work 1 day a week for our benefits to be paid".

Wow....

Interesting observation.

There is that elitist UPS attitude, shining through.

TeamCare is good enough for our Union Brothers.... but not for US.

-Bug-

There's that "prima donna" UPS attitude.

Yet.... only 30% vote.

And, apparently....

Other's in your Local, would rather have experienced Officers.

This isn't 1997.

Who's ready to walk ?

The millennials glued to their phone ?

Good luck.

Public support ?

Nope.

You're not going to hear.... what you want.

Face the facts.

-Bug-

Hold on.... cowboy.

Do you work for UPS ? Or, did you just start ?

I get it.

Typical attitude from UPS people.

Screw every other Teamster.... "just give me mine".

Pfft.

-Bug-