Teamsters Spouses United

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Kruldingo, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Kruldingo

Kruldingo New Member

The wife & I decided to start a group called Teamsters Spouses United. This is a proactive support group for Teamster spouses looking to make positive changes in Teamster family life. If your spouse is just as angry & frustrated about the working conditions you both must endure then please have them Facebook request Teamsters Spouses United. More contact info available in the near future.. Ups may not care about your mental health or state of mind & how it affects your family & others but we do!

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

"UPS: Overtime over family time"

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Is it cruel irony or are there supposed to be links to divorce lawyers' websites on the TSU fb page?

4. cachsux

cachsux Wah

At least Becky who's only 5 miles away still wants to meet you.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

menotyou is less than 150 miles away and never wants to see me again.

6. cachsux

cachsux Wah

​Again?

7. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Told my wife about the site. Her reply was "yawn".

8. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Is there Spouses Married to Teamsters who want to get rid of them and make it look like an accident? My wife would be all for that one.

9. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

This thread has been derailed.
    As a Mod, I'm suppose to do something according to the new boss's rules.
    ​Any hints for me?

10. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Make yourself a Bloody Mary and turn the other cheek.

11. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

​Which cheek?

12. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

If you cleaned up every derailed thread in this nuthouse it would be nothing but a website with a blank tan page.

13. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Hey, that's my line!

14. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

If we give you any hints, you might lose your "Worst Mod Ever" title. The rest of us mods are jealous of that.

15. Kruldingo

Kruldingo New Member

Some ideas that have been passed around include spouses using their civil rts to protest, flood the 800 complaint line to Atlanta & even so bold as to ask for mtgs with mngrs,sups, & HR

16. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Originally Posted by Hoaxster
    This thread has been derailed.
    As a Mod, I'm suppose to do something according to the new boss's rules.
    Any hints for me?

Move it to Union Issues !!

17. WESLA

WESLA It is what it is

There is so much griping about OT I'm just hoping it will still be available when I'm a driver!
    I work around 60 hrs a week holding a full time job and my part time UPS job and make about a third of what drivers do ( if that ).
    Sometimes you gotta think about what you got.

18. rod

rod retired and happy

Good luck with your group however UPS has never been know as a family friendly job. People should already know that when they sign on. If you are looking for an 8 to 5 job it's not going to happen. Anytime you work at a job, I'm talking about being a delivery driver, that has no specific "punch out" time its a risk you have to take. I'm not saying you have to roll over and play dead but you would probably have better luck banging your head into a brick wall than you will getting UPS to change their ways. Just keep telling yourself-"good pay & good benefits".

19. WESLA

WESLA It is what it is

Good luck with your group however UPS has never been know as a family friendly job. People should already know that when they sign on. If you are looking for an 8 to 5 job it's not going to happen. Anytime you work at a job, I'm talking about being a delivery driver, that has no specific "punch out" time its a risk you have to take. I'm not saying you have to roll over and play dead but you would probably have better luck banging your head into a brick wall than you will getting UPS to change their ways. Just keep telling yourself-"good pay & good benefits".[/QUOTE]

Well said rod

20. Kruldingo

Kruldingo New Member

It's just another angle that I don't think has been tried yet to force a fair days work for a fair days pay. This is the 1st in 21 yrs at my bldg that peak continued into June!