Ted Cruz announces... wait, im still laughing...! LOL

JL 0513

Do you have ONE example of a post where I opposed the constitution?
Man you really have a hard on for Cruz lulz, nice job of making it all about me to avoid talking about your hero.

So you just switched to conservatism/libertarianism? Congrats and welcome aboard. :) My comment was based on when you were a radical leftist in all of your previous posts. Radical leftistism is the opposite of the Constitution if you didn't know.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It would be even better if he could quote your posts, point to the specific article of the constitution that you're in opposition to, and back it up by sourcing the relevant court rulings. I know it's a lot to ask but it shouldn't be too much trouble for a constitutional scholar of his caliber.

JL 0513

It would be even better if he could quote your posts, point to the specific article of the constitution that you're in opposition to, and back it up by sourcing the relevant court rulings. I know it's a lot to ask but it shouldn't be too much trouble for a constitutional scholar of his caliber.

Can't go by court rulings. Many court and supreme court rulings have been unconstitutional because these judges are ruling ideologically. Couple of common examples. The Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional (the government cannot force someone to purchase something just for being alive, they just did). Abortion infringes on the right to life (no life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness).

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Can't go by court rulings. Many court and supreme court rulings have been unconstitutional because these judges are ruling ideologically. Couple of common examples. The Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional (the government cannot force someone to purchase something just for being alive, they just did). Abortion infringes on the right to life (no life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness).
Still waiting for you to back up your claim that I oppose the constitution, you have a habit of deflecting.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So rather than rely on the courts to rule on constitutional matters, we should instead listen to a truck driver?

JL 0513

Still waiting for you to back up your claim that I oppose the constitution, you have a habit of deflecting.

I'm not going to search for a specific post among thousands and you know it. It's not just you, today's liberal is anti-constitution by definition. The Constitution allows only for a very small Federal government, the antithesis of liberalism.

I gave you two simple examples of items that most liberals stand by. Are you not pro-abortion and do you not support the ACA?

JL 0513

So rather than rely on the courts to rule on constitutional matters, we should instead listen to a truck driver?

Do you not notice the hard left activists on the court ruling in lock step with Obama's policies? How are my examples not unconstitutional?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The ACA was upheld by a majority conservative court. The phrase "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" is from the declaration of independence, not the constitution. I get the feeling that your idea of what's "constitutional" is based on your personal biases.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm not going to search for a specific post among thousands and you know it. It's not just you, today's liberal is anti-constitution by definition. The Constitution allows only for a very small Federal government, the antithesis of liberalism.

I gave you two simple examples of items that most liberals stand by. Are you not pro-abortion and do you not support the ACA?
No. And No.

newfie

The ACA was upheld by a majority conservative court. The phrase "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" is from the declaration of independence, not the constitution. I get the feeling that your idea of what's "constitutional" is based on your personal biases.

To get that decision the Obama administration had to present ACA as a tax when they had sold that as anything but when it was passed by an all democratic super majority.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

An "activist court" is one that opposes GOP party values, so our current 5/4 group of Supremes must be activists. Wow, that turncoat Roberts isn't going to get his check this year.

What the Right really wants is a court packed with legal eagles like Clarence Thomas, who just sits there like a lump and rubber stamps anything that pleases the Conservitards.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
An "activist court" is one that opposes GOP party values, so our current 5/4 group of Supremes must be activists. Wow, that turncoat Roberts isn't going to get his check this year.

What the Right really wants is a court packed with legal eagles like Clarence Thomas, who just sits there like a lump and rubber stamps anything that please the Conservitards.

Thats exactly the definition that the conservitards are seeking. Its not the constitutionality they seek, they just want to run this country as the taliban would run afghanistan.

Extremists who dont really understand the constitution, but rather, want to reinterpret the constitution to fit some ideological religious montra.

When president John Adams, one of the founding fathers, passed his version of the ACA while president, there was no outrage, no claims that it violated the constitution, but rather, the country, its legislators and the workers applauded its passage.

People would be insured, and whether you called it a tax, a levy, a fine or whatever, it would be deducted from your paycheck and you were insured.

The people of the right wing would prefer to have a Clarence Thomas, whose judgements are less than a page long, while the others provide pages of opinion citing case law and practices. The right is so worried that their little militia states are coming to an end in America, and they will have to live with gays and minorities forever and that is just killing them.

Too bad, get over it already.

TOS.

JL 0513

Yes, I'm aware that the Constitution doesn't list the above rights but they are inalienable rights that are supposed to be upheld by the court. The Declaration came first and already guaranteed these broad rights. The Constitution came later and outlined other specific rights. When people use "un/constitutional", it should be understood that it includes the basic unalienable rights. The Supreme Court cannot infringe these. Abortion is one of those unique cases with an admittedly impossible solution. Each way infringes the right of one of the individuals. Ultimately though, life takes precedent over a woman's rights to choose and have a baby killed out of convenience.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"When president John Adams, one of the founding fathers, passed his version of the ACA while president, there was no outrage, no claims that it violated the constitution, but rather, the country, its legislators and the workers applauded its passage."

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...till-laughing-lol.361002/page-9#ixzz405JIeYds"

the act for disabled seamen? That's too funny. You have all the leftist spins covered

What part of the ACT, didnt you understand?? Where do you think the Maritime hospitals came from??

Those were government run hospitals, with government provided healthcare.

Dont be a people.

Try to learn something for a change.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"When president John Adams, one of the founding fathers, passed his version of the ACA while president, there was no outrage, no claims that it violated the constitution, but rather, the country, its legislators and the workers applauded its passage."

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...till-laughing-lol.361002/page-9#ixzz405JIeYds"

the act for disabled seamen? That's too funny. You have all the leftist spins covered

Try educating yourself this morning people..

http://www.thedearsurprise.com/the-...bled-seamen-and-its-present-day-implications/

TOS.

JL 0513

Why wasn't the whole population mandated? This argument is closer to the car insurance argument than the ACA. These seamen chose a dangerous job that required them to contribute to their specific care. Sickness and injuries were guarantees.

With the ACA, you are mandated to purchase a broad coverage policy that doesn't even apply to your life. Men and old women need a policy covering pregnancy related care for example.