Telematics Coming Soon.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In other words, you are at your next to last Next Day Air delivery and its 10:28. You deliver it and its on time. If you scan your last air stop at that location, because it will be late if you scan it at the actual stop, it will show it on a map and they will fire you for an integrity issue. Hope this more clear because it's very important. I know several drivers that have had it happen to them.

The only way this becomes an issue is if the customer calls in a concern that the air was late; other than that, if you scan it at 10:28 and do not prerecord it it will have a time stamp of 10:28 when you complete the stop. I am not saying that this is the right way to do it but it does work.

hembone

The only way this becomes an issue is if the customer calls in a concern that the air was late; other than that, if you scan it at 10:28 and do not prerecord it it will have a time stamp of 10:28 when you complete the stop. I am not saying that this is the right way to do it but it does work.[/QUOTE
I was a steward and personally saw 2 drivers lose their job (they did get them back) for scanning before getting to the stop and the customer did not call in a concern either time.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The only way this becomes an issue is if the customer calls in a concern that the air was late; other than that, if you scan it at 10:28 and do not prerecord it it will have a time stamp of 10:28 when you complete the stop. I am not saying that this is the right way to do it but it does work.
This becomes an issue whenever they want to take issue with it. I will agree that the most likely scenario to get caught committing this act of dishonesty is on a customer complaint. On the other hand; don't discount the fact that the new telematics systems allows management to query a report on this issue, or any other, that is measued by the system. Who knows when this issue becomes the newest flavor of the week. Simple solution, don't do it.

710Steward

We started on Telematics earlier earlier this year. It has been rough for some, but for others it has been just another stupid report to discuss with management. The most important thing to learn, which is something I've been telling members for years, is just do your job the right way. Wear your seatbelt, close your bulkhead door, and don't leave your truck running while delivering. It hasn't been that big of an issue in our building and we have about 60 routes on the road everyday. Supervisors will bug you about petty issues, but that is no different than it has been.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have heard that our mgt team will be going to a series of meetings in the next few months to receive training as Telematics will be going online in our center by summer. We have a couple of runner/gunners who are in for a rude awakening.

old levi's

blank space
You can turn on your diad with truck running :D. Your truck should not be MOVING while you are fiddling with diad, which GPS can prove.

If this is wrong, I stand corrected, but I've never had any warning over diad being turned on while truck is running, do it all of the time.
I have never fiddled with my diad at work. The very idea!:surprised:

brownrod

We've had telematics since sometime this last summer. Virtually nothing has changed. Haven't even heard a peep from management. They don't even post the reports on a daily basis. No PCM's discuss anything related to telematics. I know I've had had occasional bulkhead door violations and the such but have never been confronted about them.

RedThunder

The Telematic system has to be turned on in that pkg car. Its not done at the center level, at least not in my center. About half of our cars have telematics installed. A pkg driver had an accident recently, struck a pedestrian, and no info was available from the telematics because it wasn't active that day.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have heard that our mgt team will be going to a series of meetings in the next few months to receive training as Telematics will be going online in our center by summer. We have a couple of runner/gunners who are in for a rude awakening.

I don't think they turn on Telematics on runners and gunners.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ive never heard a word. I do everything like they want me to, no matter how long it takes. They did say I rode with my bh door open like 16 times for 1/4 mi, Not. I think its coz on start up, the speedo goes all the way to top speed and then back down, and sometimes I dont shut the door til I start it. End range motion you say? No more than reaching for the seatbelt or my mirror.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, we went live on Monday and the results were predictable. Our numbers as a center were horrible. We had one driver who drove for 30 miles without his seat belt on and we backed 10 miles as a center. I spent most of the day yesterday focusing on when to release the seat belt. I also fought the urge to reach for the DIAD while driving.

We will be getting individual reports starting Monday.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Pretty much stop complete is about all they can see you do with your diad. I'm a bit dislexic sp? Told my center manager I'm on a rule route and get the numbers mixed up sometimes and need to look at edd he said we can only see certain things wink wink!!!

iowa boy

The main things they notice in our building are seat belt use, number of backs and distance backed.

The main things for us are the seat belt usage, and the bulk head door. Not much has ever been said to me about backing distance or number of backs I have had thru the day. When they are having bad days, then they will harp about recording while idling, but as long as you are not cheating the system, they look at you and go "don't do it again", and that's where the conversation stops.

hembone

The main things for us are the seat belt usage, and the bulk head door. Not much has ever been said to me about backing distance or number of backs I have had thru the day. When they are having bad days, then they will harp about recording while idling, but as long as you are not cheating the system, they look at you and go "don't do it again", and that's where the conversation stops.
At first my supervisor was like a kid at Christmas with a new toy, but after a couple of weeks it was business as usual.

brownrod

Our management told us at PCM that stop complete and scanning packages is all they can see you do with the diad while driving. Looking at EDD was fine.