Television

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
As of today, the highest paid actor on TV is Ashton Kutcher at $700,000.00 an episode. (Star Magazine March 25, 2013))
Ashton Kutcher's move to "Two and a Half Men" has paid off.
The 34-year-old, who signed on to the show in May of last year, is No. 1 on Forbes' list of the highest-paid actors on TV.
According to the publication, Kutcher made an estimated $24 million between May 2011 and May 2012. (His Emmy-winning co-star Jon Cryer, meanwhile, brought in around $13 million.)
No, $24 million isn't close to the $40 million that put former "Two and a Half Men" star Charlie Sheen in the No. 1 spot on this same list in 2011, but times have swiftly changed. Sheen, who rebounded with a new TV show on FX, isn't on the highest-paid actors list at all this year.

Ashton Kutcher: TV's highest-paid actor – The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs

I heard even Angus T Jones got 300K an episode. Funny how backpedaled after popping off about the show. I guess he realized he had just taken a big dump in his mess kit.

wkmac

Abandoning the Traditional TV seems to be a growing trend in America.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Some people have had it with TV. They've had enough of the 100-plus channel universe. They don't like timing their lives around network show schedules. They're tired of $100-plus monthly bills.
A growing number of them have stopped paying for cable and satellite TV service, and don't even use an antenna to get free signals over the air. These people are watching shows and movies on the Internet, sometimes via cellphone connections. Last month, the Nielsen Co. started labeling people in this group "Zero TV" households, because they fall outside the traditional definition of a TV home. There are 5 million of these residences in the U.S., up from 2 million in 2007.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched Hannibal last week and I think we caught a mistake.

They showed a beach and water that went on forever. On the beach was a Totem made from bodies. The printing said Grafton, W. Virginia was the location.
After seeing that, I remarked that I thought West Virginia was landlocked......not seaside.

I re-watched the episode part and I Yahooed Grafton, West Virginia....no ocean!! Seems like the Hannibal people goofed !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
No trees in sight. Looking up pics. of Tygart.....lots of trees.

The beach looked like an Oregon beach............cold looking and desolate and no foliage.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We don't get the premium channels.....only basic cable. So, no HBO or Showtime.

We love Dexter, so we are watching the 7th season......just came out......while the 8th and final season is being shown on Showtime.

I have been a fan of 'Debramouth' for many seasons now. Dexter's sister, Debra is a unique cusser. She must have her own writer who does nothing but create new cursing phrases for her.

My favorite is "Jesus Christ on a cracker" !! Who says that??

I can't think of her others, but they are all very unique.........she's a regular potty mouth, but strangely interesting.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lately, I've been watching the re-runs of "Table For 12". It was a good show, but was only on for maybe 2 seasons. They are re-running on TLC weekdays at 1 PM (CA. time)
The dad is a N.J. cop (Eric) and the mom (Betty) is a stay at home mom. They had a set of twins (12 years old on the show) , another set of twins (10 yr. old on the show) and sextuplets (4 years old on the show)..one of the sextuplets has cerebral palsy.

It's an interesting show how they handle the day to day stuff that challenges large families. I wish they would bring back the show.

moreluck

golden ticket member
These are the things I heard and saw on TV as a kid. When people say something is wrong with the kids of today.......it's because they don't hear or see any of this.

Hopalong Cassidy's Creed for American Boys and Girls
  1. The highest badge of honor a person can wear is honesty. Be truthful at all times.
  2. Your parents are the best friends you have. Listen to them and obey their instructions.
  3. If you want to be respected, you must respect others. Show good manners in every way.
  4. Only through hard work and study can you succeed. Don't be lazy.
  5. Your good deeds always come to light. So don't boast or be a show-off.
  6. If you waste time or money today, you will regret it tomorrow. Practice thrift in all ways.
  7. Many animals are good and loyal companions. Be friendly and kind to them.
  8. A strong, healthy body is a precious gift. Be neat and clean.
  9. Our country's laws are made for your protection. Observe them carefully.
  10. Children in many foreign lands are less fortunate than you. Be glad and proud you are an American.

T
he Lone Ranger Creed

1. [*]I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one.

[*]That all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world.

[*]That God put the firewood there, but that every man must gather and light it himself.

[*]In being prepared physically, mentally, and morally to fight when necessary for that which is right.

[*]That a man should make the most of what equipment he has.

[*]That "this government, of the people, by the people, and for the people," shall live always.

[*]That men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number.

[*]That sooner or later...somewhere...somehow...we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken.

[*]That all things change, but the truth, and the truth alone lives on forever.

[*]I believe in my Creator, my country, my fellow man.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rewatched Titanic.
Family channel had it 9:00 AM 'til 1:30 PM.
My gosh, it was 2 hours and 27 mins. before they hit that iceberg.....thanks to commercials.
Good movie, though.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I haven't watched a lot of new TV yet.....they are just starting to unroll now.

I did watch "Hostages". It stars Dylan McDermott and Toni Collette was in the first episode. A team held a family hostage and the mom was tasked with killing the president or her family would be killed. She was scheduled to perform some simple surgery on the president and they gave her a vial of stuff that would kill him with no trace. It was pretty tense. Her 2 kids and husband (Tate Donovan) were in danger of losing their lives.

I also watched Michael J. Fox show. My pre-conceived notion was that this was going to be a "pity series". It was actually funny and I enjoyed it. Michal is playing a TV News man who quit because of Parkinsons and is now returning to his job. He thought time with his family was going to be special, but they all have busy lives and were never there. Two of his three kids are teenagers.......that's tough too.
My biggest laugh came when the daughter was doing a rush job on a film for a special school project. She was comparing her family to the Grapes of Wrath family and all the similar hardships because of her dad's disease. She was filming her dad trying to open a jar and told him to "shake the action up a bit". You had to be there, but it was funny. The teacher saw right through her fluff piece and gave her the friend she deserved. I plan on watching the 3rd show and see if it remains funny and fresh.

I caught the 2 hr. opening of another season of Grey's Anatomy. It was quite good. I think the majors in the show are calling it quits after this year.....at least that's what the gossip stuff is reporting. I've been a fan since the beginning........I've been watching the doctor shows since Dr. Kildare and Ben Casey.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched the first episode of Alaskan Women Looking For Love. The women are in Kodiak Island Alaska and I love the motto they have regarding finding a man.....
"The odds are good, but the goods are odd."
They are on their way to Florida to see six-pack abs . They don't even have Florida clothes yet.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was watching and enjoying 'Rake'. I'll stop.

Shows, 6 weeks in, with higher ratings than his show have been cancelled....so it can't be far behind.