Television

moreluck

golden ticket member
Latest Survival genre pitch..........

LATEST SURVIVAL SHOW

Six married men will be dropped on an island with one car and three kids each for six weeks.

Each kid will play two sports and take either music or dance classes.

There is no fast food.

Each man must take care of his three kids, keep his assigned house clean, correct all homework, complete science projects, cook, do laundry, and pay a list of "pretend" bills with not enough money.

In addition, each man will have to budget money for groceries each week.

Each man must remember the birthdays of all their friends and relatives and send cards out on time...no emailing.

Each man must also take each child to a doctor's appointment, a dentist appointment, and a haircut appointment
He must make one unscheduled and inconvenient visit per child to the Urgent Care.

He must also make cookies or cupcakes for a social function.

Each man will be responsible for decorating his own assigned house, planting flowers outside, and keeping it presentable at all times.

The men will have access to television only when the kids are asleep and all chores are done.

The men must shave their legs, wear makeup daily, adorn themselves with jewelry, wear uncomfortable yet stylish shoes, and keep fingernails polished and eyebrows groomed.

During one of the six weeks, the men will have to endure severe abdominal cramps and back aches and have extreme, unexplained mood swings but never once complain or slow down from other duties.

They must attend weekly school meetings and church and find time at least once each week to spend the afternoon at the park or a similar setting.

They will need to read a book to the kids each night and in the morning, feed them, dress them, brush their teeth, and comb their hair by 7:00 a.m.

A test will be given at the end of the six weeks, and each father will be required to know all of the following information: each child's birthday, height, weight, shoe size, clothing size, and doctor's name. He also must know the child's weight and length at birth, time of birth, and length of labor; and each child's favorite color, middle name, favorite snack, favorite song, favorite drink, favorite toy, and biggest fear. He also will know what they all want to be when they grow up.

The kids vote them off the island based on performance. The last man wins only if he still has enough energy to spend quality time with his spouse at a moment's notice.

If the last man does win, he can play the game over and over and over again for the next 18-25 years, eventually earning the right to be called Mother!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Whenever there's a "news alert" announced and there's a 2 min. warning that the pres. is getting ready to babble......I have 2 minutes to find something else on TV......Harvey? Are you there? (TMZ) . Kim, Khloe, Khortney, Kris, Lord ??????

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My son and I just finished House of Cards on Netflix. That was one of the most amazing shows I have ever seen. Kevin Spacey is an amazing actor and the character he plays is lovable, loathsome, noble, and conniving at the same time. A walking paradox. Worthy of a binge watch.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have been a fan of Kevin Spacey since 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil', 'Se7en' and playing Bobby Darin put him over the top for me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
146746_600.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched the first episode of FARGO.
I was laughing at all the inappropriate places. Billy Bob cracks me up. So far, I like it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Fargo was OK. About as strange as expected but most of the good parts were only when Billy Bob was around. Though in the basement near end of show was funny.

rod

Retired 22 years
I get a kick out of the TV show Fargo supposedly taking place in Bemidji, Mn.--- The movie supposedly took place in Brainerd, Mn. ----I'm very familiar with both towns. After the movie was out the Police Chief of Brainerd got a call from some New York detective wanting to know if the movie was indeed true. He told him the only true thing about the movie was that it's still possible to get laid at the Blue Ox Bar. (a real bar).

P.S. Even though both the movie and the TV show begin by stating that the following incidents are true----------they aren't. Also the areas around both Brainerd and Bemidji are mostly lakes and woods and not the barren wind swept landscape like pictured. They are both BIG TIME tourist areas of Minnesota. Now the area around Fargo, North Dakota is barren and wind swept.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When you were younger and watching shows like Ed Sullivan, Donny & Marie, To Tell The Truth, I've Got a Secret, etc.....did you ever in your life think you would live to see programs with titles like "Sex Sent Me To the E.R." or "The Man With the 132 Pound Scrotum" ??????

rod

Retired 22 years
When you were younger and watching shows like Ed Sullivan, Donny & Marie, To Tell The Truth, I've Got a Secret, etc.....did you ever in your life think you would live to see programs with titles like "Sex Sent Me To the E.R." or "The Man With the 132 Pound Scrotum" ??????

Naked and Afraid

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
We have been watching perhaps the most hilarious program on the tube. The British and American versions of Top Gear. I can always find something to laugh at and most times it has me laughing myself silly.