Tendered to local post office, how long it takes?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by charli3, Dec 3, 2010.

1. charli3

charli3 New Member

Hey guys, new here.

I have been using the ups service for months, and i have a question regarding my package status.
    It says: TENDERED TO LOCAL POST OFFICE

What does it mean? and how long does it take to delivery?
    The package just reached the location yesterday...Im sorry for my ignorance on this. :disappointed:
  2. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart trolling a fine line

I would guess the next day, however it is the P.O. :)
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

charli3, your package was sent using our Basic service. We carry it from warehouse to Post Office and they will deliver it to your home. It is normally the following day.
  4. trdferguson16

trdferguson16 New Member

that means we (UPS) delivered your package to the post office today. you should get your package with tomorrows mail.
  5. over9five

over9five Senior Member

Within a week or two.
  6. Tony Oliva

Tony Oliva Guest

If at all you are at there mercy now.
  7. capt. kirk

capt. kirk Coffee is for closers.

Good luck with this, I had a package come this way from FedEx.. the driver actually made a stop right next door the same day.... later my package found its way to the post office, no big deal right, this was 3 weeks ago. No one can tell me what has happened it seems to be gone forever...
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

...and this is the part of Basic (or Smart Post) that I dislike. It is not a big issue in the city as we deliver most of the Basic packages but is a big deal in the country. I can recall many times driving by a house or even having other pkgs for that house but being unable to deliver their Basics directly to them. I would bring these to the Post Office only to have them turn around and deliver them the following day.
  9. over9five

over9five Senior Member

Also, the tracking sucks. I was tracking one once, and it said it was delivered to an address in my town. I thought it was misdelivered because it gave no indication it was delivered to the PO.